Chapter 8

how's your day been so far?

Jungkook

When he entered the shower, he closed his eyes as he felt the hot liquid hit his face and sear his skin. Jungkook let out a blissful sigh as he quickly became submerged in a cloud of steam, and he placed both his hands against the wall in front of him as he allowed the water to flow down his body.
He reached out for the pink, raspberry shampoo and squeezed out a sizeable handful of the sparkling substance before massaging it into his roots; his hands faltered, when he recalled his last conversation with the manager, the period of blankness in between, and waking up outside in the snow around 200 miles away from the factory.

Hoseok had asked him for a favour. What had he agreed to do?

It didn't matter at the moment. He had to find a way back, so he could ask himself. He could ask over the phone, but unless he had booked an appointment, a conversation with the manager over call was unlikely. Jimin had probably rung the company by now anyway, and informed them of his absence, so he reckoned they would have sent for someone to pick him up.

During the time Jungkook spent rinsing the bubbles out of his hair and from his body, his ears picked up a sudden loud voice and he listened in on the conversation across the apartment:

"-an't just throw him out onto the streets!"

He focused his hearing to the person on the other end of the call.

"Well he can't stay there with you, he's a complete stranger. I'd feel better if he stayed here with me. Then I know you won't get pounced on."

"Seriously? You can barely take care of yourself! Hyung! I can take care of myself."

"Against a bionic? I don't think so."

"What makes you think you could stand a chance either? He's a BIONIC! He'd never hurt anyone!"

"I'd be able to handle it Jimin."

"I appreciate the offer but you said it yourself, the weeks to come are gonna be hectic for you, whereas I'm completely free."

"Jimin, no, I don't agree with this."

"Well, tough because I've made my decision!"

Jungkook heard Jimin's bleated exhale follow, and he immediately turned off the water. He grabbed a towel from the cupboard below the sink, wrapped it around his waist and sprinted out of the bathroom at an unearthly speed. In the next second, he had arrived outside of the kitchen.

Jimin was stood facing away from him, with his fists clenched. "Jimin?"

"Yes?!" He replied in a slightly raised voice, and Jungkook watched as Jimin spun around, froze, then turned a deep shade of red before yelling, "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE WEARING?!" He then proceeded to run out of the room with his palms over his eyes.

Jungkook looked down at himself. "Jimin, are you okay?" He started towards the hallway, before he was haulted by a wavering command.

"S-stop! Don't you dare come over here dressed like that!"

Jungkook hadn't conceived how perhaps he appeared unbearable to look at. During their conversation that morning, Jimin had mostly refused to make any sort of eye contact with Jungkook, and he had shown the same red expression then too. Was that a sign of discomfort? Had he unintentionally made Jimin feel uncomfortable?

Jungkook spotted his old clothes laid out to dry atop the radiator, then he spent a few moments speedily slinking into the clothes before he walked into the hallway. Jimin was stood with his hand pressed over his chest, and his breathing had turned heavy. "Sorry, I didn't realise you would react that way."