Chapter 9

Jimin

"Jungkook could you get some milk?"

He spoke to the bionic, who immediately turned and walked down the isle once the instruction left Jimin's mouth. The blond grabbed a cantaloupe with both of his hands at either side, and started weighing it and pressing into it.

No more then a few seconds later, Jungkook returned with a green-capped bottle. "Here."

"Um, no I meant to say the blue-capped one-" before he could finish, Jungkook walked away again. And of course, appeared next to Jimin in a couple of seconds with the said milk bottle in hand. "Wow, you're...really fast," Jimin breathed, his eyes fixated on Jungkook whilst he placed the milk in the basket.

The younger nodded. "I'm a newer model, so I have a longer list of skills. Although being fast is a general bionic feature."

Jimin raised an eyebrow. "Huh. So, what else can you do?"

"You should be asking what I can't do."

"Okay. Can you fly?"

"...no."

Jimin smiled at Jungkook, before turning away to place the cantaloupe into a small plastic bag and into the basket. "I'm only teasing. I'm sure you're very talented in many ways." He shifted the basket uncomfortably to carry the heavy items in a different position, the weight of his groceries indenting into the crook of his arm.

"Let me take them," Jungkook ushered, moving closer to the older.

"No, it's fine. I can manage."

"Just let me." Jimin didn't have time to refuse, before Jungkook gently eased the handle off of his arm, the bionic's slender fingers momentarily brushing his own as he held the basket to his side. "What else do you need?"

"I-I think that's it. Shall we go?"

Jimin began to make his way towards the checkout, but when he hadn't heard Jungkook follow, he looked over his shoulder. Jungkook had stopped, and was staring at some snacks on the shelf. The older walked up to him, and peered curiously at the item which had so easily caught the eye of this deadpan man. "Do you want it?"

Jungkook sharply inhaled, and then shook his head. "No, I just...it doesn't matter." He sullenly paced towards the checkouts with his head down, and Jimin grinned, before grabbing a couple of banana-chip bags and chasing after Jungkook.

After they paid, they walked out into the carpark and opened the boot to a small, Chevrolet baby-blue spark to drop off the bags, and as Jungkook went to sit in the passenger seat, Jimin stopped him. "We should buy you some clothes first from across the street. There's a really good thrift store I know, so we'll try there first," Jimin chirped, in an attempt to lighten to mood surrounding the two men. So Jungkook walked around the car and to Jimin's right side, and they crossed the street. Jimin eyed his bare attire, from his thin black dress-shirt to his black dress pants, all garments that did absolutely nothing to keep out the winter breeze and maintain any sort of bodily heat. "I'm sorry I didn't have a coat that fits you. It must be cold."

"It's okay. You couldn't have known what would happen, and that I'd even be here. And I'm wearing more than three layers of shirts."

Jimin paused, while he continued to eye the stoical man adjacent to him. "How old are you?"

"Eighteen."

"What?!" The older briefly stopped walking.

Jungkook didn't react, and only kept his eyes trailed ahead of him. "I'm eighteen years-old."