Chapter 37

Jimin

"Hey Jungkook."

"Yeah hyung?"

The bionic looked up from his phone and their eyes met. Jimin turned back to the stove and stirred the soup he was currently making.  "Do you want to come to the sunrise festival with me tomorrow? For New Year's eve?"

"Yes, I've got work until 10 since it should be busy, so would you mind waiting for me?"

"Obviously I don't mind you pabo."

He heard Jungkook chuckle to himself quietly, and footsteps behind him before he felt something rest on his shoulder, and arms around his waist. Jimin raised his eyebrow and looked back slightly. "Hey, what kind of scene is this?"

"Back hug."

"Yeah, I can see that," Jimin laughed, and moved his butt backwards. "Now move away from me, I'm near a naked flame."

"H-hey! I was being affectionate."

Jimin threw his head back and laughed again when he saw the bionic with a pout on his face. It was seriously so adorable to see. And he was grateful that lately he had someone around him who made him laugh even more than he could have wished for.
Because he loved to laugh.

Jungkook moved to his side and peered into the pot. "What are you making?"

Blushing, Jimin edged away from the bionic who's lips were so close to his cheek it made his heart lurch out of his chest. No doubt, Jimin was still cautious around the bionic, and he was sure to keep his feelings in check as much as possible...but as much as he didn't want to get his hopes up, Yoongi's words echoed in the back of his mind, and he found himself falling further into Jungkook's arms without even realizing. "Can't you use your super senses and work that out yourself?"

"Yes, but it's better if you tell me."

"How so?"

"I don't like looking full of myself, or arrogant."

Jimin turned to the bionic. "You do have a right to feel confident if you think about it."

"Yes but, I guess I just don't want to give anyone the wrong idea. I don't like to boast about my abilities either."

He raised his eyebrows again. "You didn't have this attitude when we first met; you were happy to tell me all about your awesome powers."

Jungkook looked down. "They're not powers hyung, it's just different stuff that I can do. "

"But you know what I mean." The older set the flame to low, and elbowed the bionic in his stomach. "You were more open about what you are, which is different to how you are now."

"W-what do you mean hyung?"

"Now, you're more open about who you are. Isn't that great?"

Grinning at the bionic, he was too presented with a cheesy bunny smile. Jungkook bumped his shoulder with Jimin's, and they both stared into the pot. "So, will you tell me what it is?" Jungkook laughed.

"Why don't you tell me?"

Jungkook smiled. "Nope."

"What! You can brag about anything around me, or get overly excited if you want to. It's only me."

"Bukeoguk."

"And you're correct, you cute rabbit."

"Hyung we've been over this, you're the cute one."

"Haha no, I'm not cute."

Jungkook frowned at Jimin, who turned the stove off and set down his chopsticks. "Yes, you are."