Chapter 52

playing something heartfelt, and finishing for this chapter

Jungkook

"Hey Jungkook oppa!"

"I told you not to call me that..." The bionic turned from the table he was wiping down, and frowned at his coworker, and slowly becoming friend.

Seoyeon laughed, and untied her apron. "But you're older, what am I supposed to do?"

"Don't be so cocky."

"What can I say, it's just who I am~" She cupped her face sweetly, and Jungkook scoffed and threw his rag at her face. She yelped, throwing it at the floor in disgust. "How could you!? Do you realise how disgusting-"

"I'm a bionic, of course I do."

"I'm gonna kill you!"

She lunged at him, but he only seemed to dance around her while she lept out over and over in an attempt to grab his waist. Something about this seemed so familiar, and Jungkook felt his stomach drop when his mind brought him back to what had been troubling him all day-

"Aha!" The girl had grabbed his arm, and was glaring up at him. How had she caught him?

"What are you two doing?" Mike stepped out from the back, eyeing the girl with pink highlights in her black hair. He sighed, eyeing the dark sky from the window and ran his hand through his longer hair. "Seoyeon, can you move the coffee beans to storage?"

She huffed, rolling her eyes. "But hyung you was literally just there~"

Mike raised an eyebrow at the younger girl, who sighed before making her way to the back of the cafe. "Jungkook."

"Yeah hyung?"

"You've been out of it all day, what's wrong?"

Jungkook scratched the nape of his neck, his mood slightly plummeting at the small reminder. "Have I..."

"Jungkook, you're a bionic, you don't get things wrong. But you messed up orders twice and walked into how many customers?" He had done that?

"R-right, sorry, there's just been some things going on..."

"What things?"

"Well-"

Mike folded his arms. "I know you must have a lot going on."

"How can you know that?"

"You're a bionic, freely working here. It's not the strangest thing to see, but it's definitely never happened before. So I can imagine that maybe you're involved in something us normal people would see as not normal?"

Jungkook let out a small laugh. "It's...something like that..."

"I see." No one said anything for a few moments, before Mike picked up the apron Seoyeon had left on the counter and started untying his own. "You can talk to me, Jungkook. I don't know if you know this, but it's normal to rely on someone, or to even rant about your problems every once in a while."

Jungkook looked at his boss, who spoke with experience and such high maturity, it practically seeped from his body. Maybe it was because of the creases under his eyes, or because of his slight beard, or because of the gentle look in his eyes which reflected a sense of nostalgia that could make anyone feel safe. Warm. "I'm worried for my...friend. He's doing something dangerous, for me and my other friend and his other friend."

"Hmm. You mean your boyfriend from New Year?"

"Y-yeah..."

His boss pursed his lips, staring at the bionic with those gentle eyes.