Chapter 43

Yoongi

He stepped out his apartment, and took a breath in. The sky was layered in endless grey clouds that hung over the city as if to say "the sun ain't coming back anytime soon!"
And as the green haired man walked down the icy streets with his hands pocketed, he sighed and stared up skywards. What was he doing? He couldn't remember why he had come out that day. Maybe for shopping?
Or maybe going out for morning strolls had become a habit since cohabitating with the bionic. His thoughts last night had taken a twisted turn, and even now thinking back on them Yoongi shivered, and not because of the cold.

He had gotten better. In the past, if ever under attack by those malicious thoughts, Yoongi would have given in to them and maybe even thrived off of his miserable feelings. His life before university hadn't been bad, not at all. Yoongi's family had always been supportive of his decisions, and he had had good friends. But out of nowhere he had become bombarded with all these doubts, and before he knew it his confidence as well as his motivation to live his life had plummeted. Being alone during his college life hadn't exactly helped either, so for a long time Yoongi had remained quiet about his mentality, which only made everything worse. He had gotten used to losing against his mind, and had stopped fighting.

But for some reason, he didn't feel like losing today.

He was getting better, for sure.

Looking up from the pavement, he glanced around the street he had walked down. He didn't recognize this part of the area, and sighed to himself. Getting lost wasn't exactly what he had planned, then again, he didn't exactly have anywhere he planned on going. So he walked down another alleyway, and continued his walk in the cold.

He pulled out his phone, and checked his message log. So far, the bionic hadn't replied to his messages, and obviously not to any of his calls.
Chuckling to himself, Yoongi slipped the phone back into his pocket.
He felt like a needy boyfriend. He wasn't in reality, but for some reason that orange haired bionic really knew how to make him worry. Taehyung was probably busy, or his phone had died.
There were so many other things that could have happened, and Yoongi had even cried himself to sleep because of his irrational thoughts. How embarrassing.

"Yoongi?" He turned when someone called his name, and found a small girl with light brown hair staring curiously at him. Then her eyes widened, and she pointed at him. "It is you!"

"Jay?"

The girl grinned at him. "I'm glad you haven't forgotten me so easily!"

Yoongi smiled. "Obviously."

"Still cocky I see?"

"Obviously."

They both laughed, and Jay gestured around her. "Do you live around here?"

"I live close enough. How come you're back in Korea?"

"I'm visiting my grandparents for a couple weeks, I'm leaving for the USA in a few days though. How about you?"

"I'm still in uni."

"You found a hunk yet?"

"Aish you still have no shame."

She laughed, and they both started walking in the same direction. Jay had been an exchange student in the last year of highschool, and being a foreigner, Yoongi had found it easy to confide in his new friend. She had been the first person he had come out to, which made it easier to accept himself more as a person before telling his family.
She had chosen to go to a university in America, and after moving back they had lost touch with each other, like most highschool friends would.