Chapter 32

Jimin

His eyes opened slowly, and the white ceiling above him came into view. His heart felt heavy, and when he turned over onto his side, the weight on his chest only seemed to get heavier.
Groaning, Jimin buried his face into his pillow.  Why did I act like that?
It was Christmas Day today. This wasn't how he wanted to wake up on what's supposed to be a joyous day.

Jungkook...oh man.

Jimin rolled over onto his other side, squishing the quilts between his body as he reluctantly tried to accept the facts that he had been the one to overreact. And it was all because he couldn't control his feelings for the bionic. How had he even come to like Jungkook? He was undeniably attracted to him, but that could only go so far.

"I should...apologize." Speaking outloud the unsaid verity seemed to make getting out of bed and walking to the living room a lot easier. "Kookie?"

The futon was made, and there was a bag on the sofa with a card attached to it, but no Jungkook. Jimin was curious as to what was in the bag, but he left it to search for the bionic instead. "Jungkook?"

He called out his name, but no reply.

"Yah? Where are you?"

Jimin opened the bathroom door to find another empty room, and he started to panic.

"H-hey come on, this isn't funny Kookie."

Unlocking the front door, he stepped outside his apartment as he felt his heart race in dread. He didn't...run away did he? Did he leave? Jimin knew that they had argued but he didn't think that it had maybe affected the bionic at all-

As he turned to the stairwell, he tripped over a sturdy object and fell flat on his face.

"Hyung?!"

Jungkook?

Instantly Jimin was pulled from the ground, and he found himself facing the bionic who was checking his body for injuries. "Did you hurt yourself?"

Jimin winced when the bionic grabbed his hands and turned them over to check his palms; his skin was slightly grazed and red. Jimin felt...relieved. So Jungkook was only outside? "What are you doing out here?"

"O-oh, um...didn't you read the card?"

The one on the sofa attached to the bag? "No, I was trying to find you," the older mumbled.

Jungkook nervously scratched his head, and that was when Jimin took notice of the bionics fully clothed body as if he was getting ready to journey out somewhere. Then he felt a lump in the back of his throat, and he suddenly started to feel very miserable.

"So you WERE going to leave?"

"I...I thought it would be better-"

"We fight one time and you think it's better to leave?"

"N-no hyung, I've troubled you too much as it is. It's better for me to leave you to your lives-"

"You don't get to decide shit!"

"I-I...!" Jungkook was clearly taken back by Jimin's sudden tone of voice as well as his heavy words.

Jimin felt his lip tremble, and he turned away with folded arms. "You didn't do anything wrong...I'm sorry I argued with you last night."

"No I'm sorry I-"

"You don't need to be sorry Kookie, I was in the wrong! Whenever I like someone I start to overreact-"

"Like?"

"W-whenever I care about someone."

"You still care about me?"