CHAPTER 20

Sarah was feeling a little bit nauseous when she got back from her meet up with Jake. She went straight to their room and change her clothes. She was still mulling over, on what Jake said to her as she laid herself to bed. She love Gerald more than her life, she can’t stand seeing him in this kind of situation because he is fighting for her. Tears started to flow from her eyes again as she remembered the day when she first saw the real Mr. Gerald Anderson Jr., the day they pretended it was just a dream. The day when she fell in love with him.

“I hope someday when the fear ebbed away you will open your heart again and have the tomorrow which you deserve.” She remembered his words that night, the night he told him about Jake.

“I got my tomorrow, Ge. I got it when I married you and for that I thank God. But what tomorrow am I giving you, Ge? A tomorrow you don’t deserve.” She sadly whispered to herself as tears flowed from her eyes. She closed it controlling the pain knowing that her “Mr. Arrogant” is sacrificing a lot because of her.

Mahal na Mahal kita Gerald pero paano kung ang pagmamahal ko ang nakakasira sa iyo? She thought and questioned herself.

After few minutes, she does not know if she drifted to sleep or not as she heard a light knock from the bedroom’s door.

“Mam Sarah, may bisita po kayo sa baba.” Lucila said from outside the door. She carefully rolled out of bed and walked towards the door and opened it.

“Sino po yung bisita?” She politely asked the maid. The maid did not answer her instead she directed her gaze down the staircase.

Sarah followed the gaze of her helper and saw Gerald’s dad looking up at her at the foot of the stairs. She ironed down her hair using her hand and straightened her clothes.  She then told the maid to prepare a snack for the visitor. The maid nodded her head and went down to the kitchen to abide her instructions. She then looked to her father in law who is roaming his eyes around the house.

“Mr. Anderson, Good Afternoon po.” She tentatively told him, her voice soft as she approached him. Gerald’s father looked at her somewhat appraising her with his eyes.

“Call me Papa, after all you’re my son’s wife, right?” Mr. Anderson lightly told her as she guided him towards the living room.

“Papa” She softly whispered to him and smiled as they both sat at the couch. “What brings you here, Papa?” She hesitantly asked her father in law.

Geraldo Anderson Sr. warmly smiled at her. “I am here to talk to you, Iha.” He started. Sarah took a deep breath and shyly looked at him. She nodded at him as if to say that she was listening.” His father in law looked at her once again. “When Gerald told us that he was calling off the engagement with Iza, my first reaction was outrage. We always wanted him to be with her. They were childhood sweethearts after all. What we did not realized is that he is just following us just to make us happy. When he told the President, the first lady, his mom and I that he does not do love and her engagement with Iza was just for business, I was stunned because I know I was the one who did that to him. “All my life I poured myself to business that I forgot to love my family. I guess Gerald inherited that from me. Kasi yun ang nakita niya sa akin but you know what, my son stunned me more when he told all of us that God has a way of getting back at him and fell in love with a wonderful woman.  From that day on I know my son will not turn his back from what he is feeling and he was right he fell in love with a wonderful woman. I thank you for that, Sarah, for teaching my son to love and be human. Gerald was mad at me he thought that I don’t want you for him that is the reason why he married you secretly. What he doesn’t know was I helped Manuel and Juaquin in arranging all your papers and ako yung naghire ng detective who followed you in Thailand. Gusto ko lang kasi makasiguro na safe kayo. Sarah, Iha, my son and I are had a long withstanding disagreement. We are quite hostile for the longest time. Akala kasi niya puro pera lang ang importante sa akin. I love my son so much; he is my only son after all. When all this blew out of proportion I can’t help but blame myself. Juaquin and Manuel helped me grew AMC from a small company to the best shopping and retail conglomerate in the country. Now it is their son and daughter who are mobilizing their own family companies. They already relinquished their powers to them which I think Iza and Jake is using to their advantage. When I told the press and Gerald that I disowned  him it is my way of saving my son from the evil plans of what he thought were his friends. That is why I took control of the company again. Pinalabas ko kay Jake and Iza na kakampi nila ako para ma save ko si Gerald but Jake seems to be a monster he went in for the kill. Your Ninong Juaquin can’t control him anymore after all pinamana niya na lahat kay Jake. My son’s company is in Jake’s hand Sarah; he bought the shares of my investors and half of our own shares including Gerlad’s without us knowing it. He now owns 80% of the company. My son worked his butt off to grow the company to where it is right now because he values our name and the prestige I built for half of my life. Now he was left with 20%, a lowly 20% which he does not deserve. We are trying our best to salvage everything and get it back from Jake but it will be a long fight, Iha.” Her father in-law lengthily and emotionally explained to her.