CHAPTER 11

In the elevator going down the lobby, Gerald’s hand was still interlocked with hers. “So, where do we go for lunch, Mr. Anderson?” Sarah playfully asked him. “I am planning to treat you with the best of Thailand’s street food. Have you known about the Yaowarat district?” He asked her while looking at her sideways.

“Hmm I’ve heard about it. It is the Bangkok’s famed Chinatown, right?” Sarah knowingly told him. Gerald beamed at her and nodded. “Right, Babe. A grapevine told me that you wanted to go there and taste the roasted duck they are famous for. Kaya, I planned to take you there for lunch.”  He told her with mischievous eyes.

“And who was the grapevine, Mr. Anderson?” She asked him with a smirk. “I am your ex fiancée’s best friend remember.” He said and winked at her.

Sarah gave him a sad smile. “He used to tell me about you, Sarah. He told me that he longed to bring you here as you really wanted to explore Thailand. But things got in your way.” He added.

“Is that the reason why you brought me here?” She solemnly asked him. “When Jake introduced me to you the first time, I know that instant that I am attracted to you but I fought it because you were his already. And that is the reason why I treated you like an enemy before.” He said to her.

The elevator reached the ground floor which halted their conversation. Gerald gently pulled her out of the lift and led her to the back exit of the hotel. Sarah stopped walking which made Gerald to looked at her questioningly.

“Why did you stopped,Babe?” He asked her.

“Ge, why are we exiting at the back? We should be waiting for Lee at the entrance, right?” She asked him with confused and surprised eyes.

“I am taking some precautions, Babe. I am anticipating that the media is already aware of our whereabouts thus I instructed the hotel management to secure us and our privacy. They also provided us bodyguards who will discreetly follow us to ensure our safety from the media and other people who are working their ass to find us to get our side regarding the issue back in Manila.” He calmly explained to her.

Sarah just remained her calm but casted a worried looked at him. “Don’t worry, Babe everything is taken, cared of. Tito Manuel also helped in the arrangement of all this.” He assured her.

“The president loves you that much?” She asked him with curious eyes. “He is like my second father, Sarah. He always told me that I am the son he never had. Like Tito Juaquin, who also treats me like I am his other son besides Jake. I am much closer to them than my own father.” He answered her.

Let’s go love will talk more in the car. He told her while he led her towards the back exit where Lee, their chauffeur is waiting for them.

Gerald ushered Sarah in the car before slipping beside her. He held on her hand and snuggled closed to her. He then slide the division between the driver and the passenger seats and instructed Lee.

“Lee, please bring us to Yaowarat district, please.” He told the driver casually. Lee nodded and started the engine. He closed the division and rested his back again at the back of his seat.

Sarah was looking at him as if she wanted to ask something. “What is it babe?” He asked her as soon as he noticed her staring at him.

“Wala lang just wondering, based sa mga sinabi mo it seems that Jake, Iza and you all grew up together kaya ba sobrang close kayo?” She asked him

“We are like siblings, Babe our parents are very close. That was why I agreed with the arranged marriage with Iza, we know each other very well and we know our grounds but faith has it ways in changing things. I never thought I will love someone but love found me and that was you, Sarah.” He whispered to her while grasping her face with his two hands. He rubbed the palm of his hands on her cheeks before he kissed her passionately. They were both panting for air when they stopped, Gerald still holding her face. He then focused his eyes on hers. “Want a round three here in the car?” He asked and gave her a mischievous grin. Sarah opened her eyes widely at him, surprised by what he said. She then laughed at him and slapped his shoulders.