CHAPTER 34

Iza’s car was secretly parked at the far side of the street. She was discreetly observing Jake and Sarah. She can’t believe that Jake left her hanged on the air. All their plans were ruined because Jake came around and accepted defeat. Iza was so furious with him but it won’t stop her plan of ruining Gerald’s marriage with Sarah.

“I’ve lost a lot to turn my back and let go. If Jake would fool himself to believe that he can forget and accept, well I am a different cookie. I will fight this till the end.” Iza whispered to herself, her eyes flaming from hatred and resentment while observing Jake and Sarah’s actions from afar.

“I will change my tack, just wait for my next move and let’s see who will be laughing at the end.” Iza said to herself and started the engine as she saw Jake drove away from the Anderson’s house.

*************************************

A week after

Gerald was busy reviewing some paper works inside her office when his secretary approached him.

“Mr. Anderson, Ms. Calzado is outside, she said that she wanted to talk to you. Valerie, his secretary and Peachy’s assistant informed him.

“Would I let her in, Sir?” She asked him. Gerald blankly looked at her secretary and hesitantly nodded at her.

“Let her in, Val.” He said as he took a deep breath and readied himself for another exhausting encounter with his former fiancée.

After a few minutes, Iza entered his office in her usual confident stance. She was wearing an emerald green dress which cuts above the knee. A gold belt accentuated it. She confidently walked towards him with her strappy gold high heeled sandals. She was a picture of a typical modelesque beauty. She is indeed a symbol of beauty and elegance. Gerald thought to himself as he watched his former fiancée approach him.

“What are you doing here, Iza? I thought all this is over and done with.” Gerald coldly asked her. Iza gave him a small smile as she sat and crossed her legs at the chair across him.

“I am just here to apologize for my ill actions, Ge. I am not here to fight with you.” She said to him, faking a sincere and humble voice.   

“What was done was done, Iza. I know I’ve hurt you and I know we’ve lost a special little someone but we can’t bring back time. Let’s just move forward with our separate lives.” Gerald told her, his voice was still cold and his expression was void of emotions.

“Would you still forgive me, Ge?” She pleadingly asked him with an exaggerated sweet pleading voice. Gerald looked at her, his eyes still holds a hint of bitterness.

“You’ve hurt my wife in so many ways, Iza and for that I don’t know if I can still forgive you.” Gerald simply told her.

“What do you want me to do, Ge, for you to forgive me?”  Iza asked him with an exaggerated eagerness. Gerald blankly looked at her and gave her a wry smile.

“Leave me and my wife alone, Iza, by then I can forget all you have done but I don't think I will ever forgive you.” He hissed as he gave her a cold stare.

“How about our friendship, Ge? We’ve been together since were little kids. Is it that easy for you to throw everything away and forget our special friendship, just like that?” Iza determinedly countered  to him.

“Live your life, Iza and learn to live it without me. Everything is finished between us, friendship or otherwise. It’s done and over. Live with it.” He savagely told her, his eyes full of fire and something else she can’t pinpoint. “Guilt or was it something else?” She asked herself while trying to determine the myriad of emotions in Gerald’s eyes.