CHAPTER 35

2 days after

Sarah was on her way to Makati Med to get her ultrasound’s result. Gerald was insisting on coming with her but she stopped him as he has an important investor meeting to attend to.

“Babe, what if I just postpone the meeting later this afternoon so that I can accompany you in getting the results.” Gerald told her as they ate their breakfast early this morning.

“Babe, we’ve got the initial findings two days ago. Our babies are both healthy and normal and as the doctor said they are even growing bigger and bigger. The results that I will be getting are just the formal documented findings, no need for you to postpone your important meeting and come with, besides that would be unprofessional. “She scolded him as he lowered his head towards her stomach and caressing it with small kisses.

He lifted his head and looked at her wife’s eyes. “Okay, I surrender. Talo na ako kay commander.” He submissively surrendered and laughed. Sarah rolled her eyes and gave him a teasing smile.

“Good boy naman pala ang daddy niyo eh, makulit lang talaga.” She teased as if talking to their twins while caressing her stomach with her hand.  She then looked at him and winked. Gerald slowly claimed her lips and gave her a long sweet smooch.

Sarah pinched his waist and stopped the kiss. “You, mister needs to move now, you have an early nine am meeting and you shouldn’t be late.” She scolded him as she pointed her point finger at him and playfully pushed him away.

Gerald scratched his head and shook it. “And you, Misis, always forget that you are my wife now and not my executive assistant.” He joked and laughed lightly as he gave her another light and warming kiss. Sarah gave him a pointed looked and arc up one of her eyebrows. Gerald laughed at her gestures and raised his hands slightly above his head as an act of surrender.

“Okay, okay. I am going, Misis but make sure to take care on your way to the hospital, okay.” He said in between laughs as he hurriedly stood up before his wife scolded him again.

Sarah shook her head and laughed with him. “You take care, Love. I’ll call as soon as I got the results.” She told him in between giggles and waved her hand at him.

Sarah was silently smiling when she remembered their early morning banter that she did not realized that the car had stop in front of Makati Medical’s entrance. Don, her bodyguard opened the door for her and helped her as she climbed down the SUV.

“Just wait for me here at the lobby, Don. I’ll be quick. I just have to get the results of my ultrasound.” She casually instructed her bodyguard and carefully started to walk towards the laboratory where she will get the final final findings.

She was about to go back to the hospital lobby to meet her bodyguard but she suddenly decided to open the results and read it. She carefully sat on one of the chairs lined up in the hallway near the laboratory and ripped open the envelope. She was scanning the findings of her ultrasound when she noticed another envelope inside the first one. She curiously pulled it out and ripped it open.

“A medical report?” She curiously whispered to herself. The hospital staffs must have overlooked this; they might accidentally include this report on her results. She thought as she was about to bring it back to the lab to correct the mistake. She was about to stand up when a particular word or she must say name caught her eye.

Medical Report of Iza Jimenez Cazaldo it was dated months ago after her and Gerald’s broken engagement.

Sarah quickly scanned the report and was stunned at what she has read. “She was pregnant and she lost the child because of her suicide attempt?” She whispered to herself as a gasped of surprise left her lips.