CHAPTER 29

Sarah entered the company clinic and saw the nurses attending to her husband. She approached him; her expression was worried as tears continued to fall from her eyes. When the nurses saw her they silently bowed at her and left the cubicle.

“Ge….” She told him and embraced her husband tightly.  Gerald hugged her back and slightly pulled her away from him and looked at her in the eye.

“Shhhh… Love I am okay, don’t worry too much. I don’t want anything bad happen to you and our twins.  I love you… Don’t worry about me.” He softly told her as he caressed her back.

“Stop crying love; it is just bruises, no need to stress yourself.” He added and wiped her tears using his thumb.

“Why do you have to fight with him, Ge? Sana pinabayaan mo na lang. Wala naman siya ginawa sa akin.” Sarah softly explained to him as she moved closer to him and caressed the bruise in his temple.

“I saw him went out of the ladies room, and I was so worried that he hurt you. He provoked me and told me that he will make sure you will be out of my life.” He said to her.

“I can’t bear hearing that from Jake, Sarah. I’ll die first before that will happen.” He added and touched her wife’s face with his thumb.

Sarah gasped and looked at him. “It will never happen, Ge. I won’t let him.” She whispered to him. Gerald intently looked at her as she caressed her face. “He was about to follow you, Sarah, when I saw him went out of the ladies room, and saw his face. I knew he will do everything and anything just to get you. I know him, Sarah. I know he can’t handle losing. Kaya when I stopped him and he started to let out his frustration and anger on me, I let him beat me up. Kaysa masudan ka niya at masaktan ka pa niya.” Gerald slowly told her.

“I Love you so much, Sarah. I rather lose the business, my best friend and my well earned reputation than lose you and our twins. Handa ako mawala lahat, huwag lang ikaw and our babies.” He added as he moved his hand on her stomach and gently caressed it.

Sarah leaned her head in his shoulder. “I love you so much, Ge. I will forever be thankful to God for giving you to me. It weakens me seeing you this hurt because of me.” She whispered as a lone tear flowed from her eyes.

“I’ll make myself very strong for the three of you, remember that. You, three are my life; Sarah and I’ll move heaven and earth to protect you and the twins.” He meaningfully told his wife as he caressed her head that was on his shoulder.

Sarah lifted her head and looked at him. “I love you, Babe so much that I will try my best to be strong for you and for our twins. Ayaw ko lang nasasaktan ka, nanghihina ako eh.” She whispered. Gerald looked at her and smiled.

“I’ am okay, as long as you are in my arms, Sarah. All the aches and pains will be nothing.” He said to her. Sarah smiled at him and gave him a tender kiss.

“Will you still stay sa office? Or sama ka na sa akin pauwi?” She asked him.

“Love, I need to meet some ABS CBN people regarding the episode of Boy Abunda last Saturday and I have to talk to Fred as well. You go home and rest. I’am okay, don’t worry.” He assured her.

Sarah nodded at him and gave him a faint smile. “I’ll wait for you and call me at home to update me, okay?” She countered.

Gerald nodded and kissed her. “Come, I’ll walk you out.” He told his wife as he stood up and held her hand.

Sarah nodded and held his hand tightly as they walked towards the building’s front entrance.

Gerald escorted her to the waiting car and guided her inside it.