CHAPTER 16

“Babe, according to Chen it is better if we take a tuk tuk (Thailand’s Tricycle) or a taxi going to DreamWorld. The underground MRT is quite crowded at this time and it might not be safe for us.” Gerald announced to her after informing Chen, the head body guard that they will not use Lee in going to DreamWorld.  

“Sige Babe, but let’s take the tuk tuk instead, adventure nga diba.” She excitedly told her husband. Gerald gave her an amazed look and shook his head. “I never thought you are an adventurous woman, you seem to be always collected and prim.” He told her, his arm over her shoulder while he ushered her out of the hotel.

“I wanted to experience new things with my husband, is that wrong?” Sarah teasingly asked him. Gerald smiled at her. “Hindi naman, wifey, I am just awestrucked with your different layers and colors. I love you.” He sweetly told her as they walk towards the tuk tuk terminal near the hotel.

Sarah turned her head to him and smiled sweetly. She stopped walking, tiptoed in front of her husband and kissed him lightly on the lips. “I Love you too, husband.” She whispered to him after the kiss. Gerald hugged her tightly and nibbled her earlobe for a while. “Let’s continue walking, babe. Someone might see us, and we might see ourselves in the headline.” He  joked as they continued walking towards the tuk tuk terminal.

“And what would be the headline?” Sarah jokingly asked him a big grin plastered on her face. Gerald laughed and faked a coughing sound  to modulate his voice. “Filipino Businessman spotted in Thailand with his rumored wife: Public Display of Affection on the side street of Bangkok.” Gerald laughingly told her imitating a serious tone from one of the well know TV newscaster in Manila.

Sarah laughed at his husband's poor imitation of Noli De Castro that she lightly shoved his shoulder. “Hindi bagay sa iyo maging newscaster, Babe walang maniniwala sa news mo.” She told him as she laughed. Gerald laughed with her and hailed for a tuk tuk. A Thai Tuk Tuk driver stopped before them. Gerald, in his most understandable English instructed the driver to bring them to DreamWorld. Good thing the driver understood him and nodded to Gerald’s instructions.

Gerald was closely cuddled beside her inside the tuk tuk. They were mostly quiet during the ride as they savor the beauty of Bangkok. “I love it here, babe. Thanks for bringing me in Thailand and experiencing this things with you.” She whispered to him. Gerald held on her hand and caressed it with his thumb. “I’ll make you experience everything, babe because I love you so much.” He whispered back at her and smiled. Sarah, nodded at him a smile on her lips and continued to savor the beauty of their surroundings by casting her eyes outside. He held on her tightly and joined her in savoring the surroundings.

“We are here.” The tuk tuk driver announced in his heavy Thai accent. Gerald ushered Sarah out of the Tuk Tuk and paid the driver.

They walked hand in hand towards the DreamWorld entrance and paid for their entrance fee. Gerald pulled Sarah and excitedly asked her what ride they would try first.

Sarah look around the theme park and silently look for their first ride. “Let’s go for the most exciting ride, babe. Adventure nga diba.” She smilingly told him while casting her eyes around the park. Sarah pointed at the Sky Coaster signage and pulled him towards it.

“Babe, sure ka sasakay ka diyan baka mahilo ka?” He asked her amused. Sarah shook her head like a child and playfully darted her tongue at him. “Mr. Anderson, are you chickening out? Takot ka sa Sky Coaster?” She teased him.

Gerald casted a sour face at her and walked towards the ticket booth of the said ride. “Ako chicken, hind noh.” He defensively shouted at her.

Sarah jogged towards him and hugged him from behind. “I am just teasing you, husband.” She playfully and sweetly told him. Gerald laughed and ushered her towards the ride. The ride technician helped them in fastening their seatbelts. Gerald held on her hands as the ride started to moved, when they were about to reached the top, Sarah can’t help it and leaned her head to her husband’s shoulder as she closed her eyes. When Gerald felt her head, Gerald circled his arm to her shoulder and cuddled her closer. “You, chickened out, babe.” He whispered to her and smiled. Sarah opened her eyes and looked at him while slightly lifting her head. She gave him a soft laughed, cutely darted her tongue and leaned on her head on his shoulder, again. Gerald laughed and held on her hand using his free hand. They enjoyed the rest of the ride joking and teasing each other.