CHAPTER 12

Gerald entered the Cartier Jewelry Shop at the ground floor of the shopping center. He went around the glass displays and started to select the perfect ring for her. He selected the Cartier de Amour Solitaire, A round brilliant cut diamond framed circularly by smaller diamond cuts set in a platinum diamond band. “Only the best for her.” He whispered to himself as he extended his credit card to the sales lady. As soon as the purchase was done he went back to the car and headed back to the hotel.

As he entered their hotel suite, he looked into his watch and realized that it was almost dinner time. He peeked in their room and saw Sarah still fast asleep. He gently closed the door and went down to the living room. He rang the room service and ordered a dinner for two to be set in the balcony of their room. When the room service arrived he requested the waiters to wait for him. He gently went inside their room and gently lifted Sarah from the bed he then carried her to the adjoining room and gently laid her in the bed. He covered her body with the duvet and quietly went out of the room. He went back downstairs and instructed the waiters to set the dinner in the balcony. A candle was lit at the center of the table; the bucket of champagne was delicately placed at one side. As soon the waiters were done, Gerald tipped them and left the room. He went straight to the closet and pulled out Sarah’s white silk robe, he then pick up her silk bedroom slippers that was placed below their bed. He went to the adjoining room and walked towards Sarah. He sat beside her and kissed her gently on her cheek. She steered awake as soon as she felt his kiss. Her eyes slowly opened, he smiled at her. “Love, dinner is set. Gising na.” He told her gently. Sarah, smiled at him as she adjusted her eyes. She then lifted her body from the bed and sat beside him. “Did I sleep too long, babe?” She asked him softly. “Medyo, babe but that’s okay at least your well rested. He told her. She smiled at him and leaned her head on his shoulder. They stayed like that for a while. He then lifted her head from his shoulder. “Lalamig na ang dinner. Halika na.” He told her. “Sige, babe shower lang ako.” She said to him. She was about to go to the bathroom when she noticed that she was in a different room. She turned to him. “Nilipat mo ako dito? Bakit?” She asked confused. “I asked the room service guys to set up the dinner in the balcony of our room so I decided to carry you here.” He explained and smiled at her. Sarah nodded her head and stood up bringing with her the bed’s duvet and wrapped herself with it as she is bare naked. He pulled her back to sit on the bed. Sarah gasped by surprise and look at him questioningly. “Akala ko ba dinner na? I need to shower babe and get dressed para makadinner na tayo.” She exclaimed to him with a hint of smile on her lips. Gerald stood up in front of her. “Mamaya ka na mag shower. Dinner muna tayo.” He mischievously told her. Sarah shook her head and said. “I am naked babe, I need to get dressed. Hindi na ako magshoshower magbibihis lang ako.” She told him. He shook his head as she said it and gave the robe to her. “I brought you your robe. Here.” He said to her. Sarah smiled at him and shoved on her robe and tied the robe's belt in her waist. As soon she was done he pointed to her the slippers that was on the floor and helped her slipped on it. He then turned her to him and looked at her from head to toe. “That would do, babe. And you’re still very beautiful in your robe and slippers.” He told her sweetly. Sarah looked at him and laughed. “Hay Mr. Anderson, what would I do with you?” She laughingly told him as he hugged her and kissed her on the forehead. He led her to their room and out to the balcony where the dinner was set. The darkness of the night surrounded them the only light before them was the candle at the center of the table. Sarah gazed up the sky and adored the moon and the stars that were sparkling above them. He took that opportunity and silently kneeled beside her. Sarah look at him stunned. “Babe, bakit ka nakaluhod diyan?” She asked. He grabbed her left hand and held on it tightly. He pulled out the ring at the back pocket of his pants and slid it to her ring finger. “Marry Me, Sarah.” He asked her while he gazed up to her. His eyes full of love. Sarah bit on her lip and let out a soft moan. She then looked at him in the eye, a tear flowing from her eye. Yes! She whispered to him. Gerald was so elated that words can’t explain the feeling that aroused from him when he heard her say yes. He hurriedly stood up and kissed her hard on the mouth. The kissed lingered awhile and when they stopped both of them where crying. “I Love you so much Sarah that I will give you my world.” He told her with all the passion he can voice out. Sarah nodded at him, still crying. “I Love you too, Ge with all my heart.” She said to him. He again grabbed her by the shoulder and hugged her tightly.