CHAPTER 22

Sarah and Melissa decided to meet up at Cibo Restaurant in Glorietta Four; Sarah was with her bodyguard, Don. The restaurant was situated in an open place so she instructed Don to discretely watch her from a far as she waited for Melissa. She ordered herself an Iced Tea as she reviewed the Restaurant’s Menu. Melissa arrived fifteen minutes after her.

“Sars, sorry got caught up in the parking. Did you order already?” Her friend asked her as she sat at the chair across her. Sarah smiled at her friend. “Ok lang Mel, no worries. Not yet I am waiting for you. What do you want?” She asked her, still smiling at her.

“I am on a light lunch, Sars alam mo na diet ako.” Melissa told her, her expression was somewhat telling her that dieting sucks. Sarah laughed at her friend. “Hindi mo naman kasi kailangan magdiet. Sexy ka na.” She teasingly told her. Melissa rolled her eyes at her and let out a disgusted sigh. “You are really a good friend, Sars pero minsan you’re too good to be true.” She retorted back at her and laughed. Sarah joined her friend’s laughter and signaled for the waiter.

Melissa ordered herself an Insalata Di Mare (A seafood salad with shrimps, squid, crab, greens, basil pesto with a lemon vinaigrette.) and a glass of fresh lemonade for her beverage. After Melissa placed her order, Sarah proceeded with hers.

“One single order of Penne Il’ Magnifico (Penne Pasta with gorgonzola and porcini mushrooms in a cream sauce) and an order of Porchetta Pizza (a pizza topped with Mozzarella, Roast Pig, Spinach, Onion and Crackling). She told the waiter. The waiter repeated her and Melissa’s order and was about to leave their table when Sarah called his attention.

“Another glass of Limone Iced tea (Lemon Iced tea with fresh mint leaves.), please.” She added.  The waiter nodded his head and went back to the kitchen to place their orders.

After the waiter left their table, Melissa raised an eyebrow at her. “Ang dami mong order ha, hindi ka ba pinakakain ng asawa mo?” She joked. She was about to answer her when Melissa suddenly interrupted her. “Oh I am sorry, dalawa nga pala kayong kumakain.” She said to Sarah as she took back her joke.

Sarah laughed lightly at her friend’s joke and said. “Correction, three.” She corrected. Her friend's jaw dropped instantly upon hearing what she just said and was speechless for a while.

“You mean your having.” Melissa said to her, unable to complete her sentence as she was still taken aback.

“Twins.” Sarah completed her friend’s sentence and winked.

“My gosh, that “Mr. Anderson”, is really something. Huh!” Melissa lightly teased her. She shook her head at her and laughed.

“Believe me, Mel, he is.” She lightly countered to her friend. Melissa giggled at what she said. She then looked at her a serious expression on her face.

“So what was Mr. Anderson’s reaction when you told him? By the way does he know already?” Her friend asked her curiously.

“Yap told him three nights ago and as per his reaction, he was speechless for a while and to my amazement, “my big man of a husband” actually cried.”  She lightly rehashed to her friend her husband’s reaction upon hearing that they are expecting and a twin at that and laughed.

Melissa laughed with her as she covered her mouth to control it. “I can’t imagine the Anderson heir, crying. What a moment.” Melissa laughingly told her, her eyes a mixture of amazement and disbelief.

Sarah nodded her head to prove her friend that it was true and it was not a joke. “He did Mel, he cried. I don’t know if I will be disgusted or I will be touched by his reaction.” She joked.