CHAPTER 14

After they submitted all their papers to the proper government agencies in Thailand and after fulfilling the requirements needed by the Philippine Embassy their marriage license was released.  It took them almost two weeks to finish everything. With the help of Tito Manuel and Melissa the wedding preparations was expedited.

After Three Weeks and Half in Thailand

At Assumption Cathedral Bangkok 

Gerald was wearing a simple Armani Black Suite with a Gray and Pink Stripe Patterned Tie. His face was a picture of excitement, happiness and love. He was standing at the end of the altar, beside him was his most beloved Tito Juaquin whose arms was dropped over Gerald’s shoulder to give him strength and support.

Across them was Melissa in her pink and grey strapless gown, white and pink flowers accented her hair. She was smiling at him, expressing her support. There were no other people inside the Cathedral. The Latin Priest let out a soft cough stating his entrance in front of the Altar. Gerald, Tito Juaquin and Melissa looked at him as soon as they heard him.

“So are we ready to proceed?” Father Salvatore asked them.

They all nodded while the orchestra, Gerald had hired played the wedding march. The door of the Cathedral opened and there she was in her simple White Halter neck Gown with Swarovski Crystal Details, her hair was styled in a elegant French twist accented by small sparkling diamond clips. Her face was glowing in a simple light makeup. She was slowly walking towards them. Her eyes although teary were focused at him.

In Gerald’s eye, the woman who was slowly walking towards him is a picture of a woman of beauty and love. He was breathless as he was waiting for her to arrive at the end of the altar. Gerald's eyes were also misty. He can’t believe that the woman he love so much is walking towards him and will be his wife in just a few minutes. As Sarah approached him, Tito Juaquin kissed her; he then tapped Gerald’s back and step aside. Melissa approached Sarah and kissed her cheek. She then smiled at him and moved back to her place at the aisle. Gerald smiled at her stunning bride and held her hand. He then led her to the altar as the priest started the ceremony.

"Do you take Sarah Tua Geronimo as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" Fr. Salvotore said as he turned to Gerald for his vows.

Gerald looked at the priest before he held his gaze to his lovely bride. "I do” "I take this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit."

Fr. Salvatore then faced Sarah and asked her. "Do you take Gerald Opisima Anderson Jr. as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" 

Sarah looked at him, her eyes was shining with happy tears and said. "I do” "I take this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit."

After the vows were finished Fr. Salvatore then gave his blessing. "May the Lord in His goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with His blessings. What God has joined together, let no man put asunder." He then approached the two witnesses and asked them to sign the marriage contract. After Melissa and Tito Juaquin signed, Fr. Salvatore went back to them. He then extended the contract to them,Gerald let Sarah sign first before he did.  After he signed the marriage contract, he gave it back to Fr. Salvatore. The priest then proclaimed them husband and wife.