CHAPTER 27

Monday, morning Sarah was helping the maids in clearing up the plates from breakfast when Gerald approached her. “Babe, I’ll get going. I have an early board meeting today. I can’t be late.” He said to her as he gave her a light kiss on the lips.

“Okay, babe, have good day at the office and don’t stress yourself too much.” She told and hug him. Gerald hug him tightly and blew kisses on the crook of her neck.

“Babe, check up mo ngayon diba. Ano nga ulit oras yung appointment mo?” He asked her  as he put his hand on her stomach and lightly caressed it with the palm of his hand.

“Yap, babe 11 am ang schedule. Why?” She asked her husband and walked  him out  from the front door.

“Wala lang, sa susunod na check up mo, sasamahan na kita ah.” Gerald told her as they strode towards the parked car , in front of them.

Sarah nodded her head and kissed him once more. “Sige, babe. Tell me your free sched para I’ll schedule the next appointment on your free day. She informed him. Gerald nodded at her and entered the driver's seat.

“Don’t worry about my check up today. Isasama ko si Don, para di ka magworry.” Sarah added as she closed the car door for him. Gerald rolled down the car window and looked at his wife. Sarah smiled at him and fixed his shirt's collar. “Sige na Babe, maaga pa meeting mo, baka matraffic ka. Love you. Drive safely.” She sweetly told him. Gerald started the car engine and gave her, one last kiss on the lips. "Okay babe, bye. Love you. Call me after your check up. Okay." He instructed her. Sarah nodded and smiled at her as she step back away from the car. He waved her goodbye and rolled up the window to close it as he drove off the driveway. 

Inside the Car, Gerald was contemplating on the fact that it was Iza’s first day as the VP for Operations. “What was Iza’s plot now?” He asked himself as he turned the car towards Edsa. He stopped the car as the stop light turned red when his mobile phone suddenly rang. He put on his earphones and answered the call. “Anderson.” He answered. “Sir Gerald, Peachy here.” His Executive Assistant mumbled from the other line.  “Yes Peach. I am on my way there. I’ll be on time for the BM don’t worry.” He casually told his current EA and assumed that she was calling to remind him of the board meeting this morning. Peachy mumbled something incoherent from the other line. He was about to ask her if there‘s a problem when he heard her gasped for air and mumbled again.

“Sir Gerald, Miss Iza will use my office starting today. Her Executive Assistant and I will use the tables at the reception area in the executive lounge. I just want to tell you ahead of time, Sir Ge baka po kasi magulat kayo pagdating niyo. Ms. Calzado was starting to make her presence felt, Sir. She seems to direct some changes already.” His executive assistant cautiously told him. Gerald exhaled an exasperated breath. He then saw the stop light turned green. “Okay Peach, thank you for the warning. I’ll be there, in twenty. Wait for me at my office. We need to talk regarding this changes. Okay.” He instructed her as he stepped on the gas and drove on.

“Yes, Mr. Anderson. I’ll wait for you.” Peachy acknowledged him and ended the call.

Gerald entered his office and was surprised to see Iza comfortably lounging in his office chair. “What are you doing here Iza? Where’s Peachy, I asked her to wait for me here.” He asked his ex fiancée acidly.  

“I asked her to go out as I wanted to talk to you.” Iza calmly told him, her expression somewhat victorious.

“What do you need, Iza and why are you using my EA’s office? He asked her as he gave her an annoyed look.

"The office assigned to you was the one beside Jake's, Iza not my Executive Assistant's." He added.

“Oh Gerald, don’t be such a kill joy. I have a 40% share in this company right so it is but proper that my demands and likes would be granted and because we will be working closely together it is much more practical that our office would be close by. Thus occupying your EA’s office was the most logical thing to do.” Iza triumphantly told him as she walked towards him.