CHAPTER 19

A week had past, and Gerald still didn’t know that his wife is pregnant. Sarah was not able to tell him yet. This past days Gerald was obviously distracted with concerns regarding his business. Sarah silently helped him by not nagging him about it. She just continued to be loving and caring wife. They continued their daily routine as if their problems were not there but at the back of Sarah’s mind she was worried.

It was Monday morning, Gerald already left the house for work when Sarah took her shower and prepared herself. She was due for a checked –up and was scheduled for appointment with her ob-gynecologist at around 11 am this morning. She went up stairs and showered. She was in a simple short floral sleeveless summer dress which showcased her well toned legs. She donned on her navy blue espadrilles and put on a light make-up. She finishes up with a set of pearl earrings and pulled up her hair in a half pony tail. She then put on her white light weight knitted cardigan and got her purse from the side table near their bed.

She went out the room and called one of the maids. “Manang Nena, aalis na po ako, paki sabi po kay Manong Lito ihanda na ang kotse. Pati na rin po sa isang body guard na sasama sa akin. Salamat po.” She politely summoned the helper.

“Opo, Mam.” Manang Nena acknowledged her. She then waited at front door for the SUV. “Manang if ever tumawag po si Ge paki sabi lumabas lang ako saglit kasama ko kamo si Manong Lito at isa sa security details ko.” She said to the maid.

“Sige po mam, ingat kayo.” The maid countered to her as the car pulled up in front of them. Manong Don, her body guard opened the door for her. She then entered the SUV and thanked him. He bowed his head in acknowledgment and went straight to the front door of the car beside the driver and climbed inside.

“Makati Medical po.” She lightly told the driver. Manong Lito nodded his head and drove off the garage. As soon as they arrived the hospital she instructed her driver to wait for her at the parking area.

“Manong Lito paki intay lang po ako. Tatawagan na lang po kayo ni Manong Don as soon as tapos na ako.” She instructed her driver as she gave him money for his lunch. She then climbed out of the car and walked towards the hospital entrance. Her security detail following her, she then turned around to him and said. “Manong Don, dito na lang po kayo sa lobby. Paki intay na lang ako.” She told him.

“Sige po Madam.” Her bodyguard told her. She smiled at him for acknowledgement and walked towards the elevator to the doctor’s clinic.

After her consultation she went home straight. She was still in a dazed with what her doctor told her. She is carrying a twin. “Twins, twins.” She dazedly whispered to herself as she entered the house. “Gerald must know now. I will tell him later.” She determinedly scolded herself.

After she changed her clothes, with her regular shorts and t-shirt she went down to the living room and decided to watch television while she ate her light lunch that Manang Nena prepared for her. She was relishing the delicious Chicken Caesar Salad, Manang prepared when the Breaking news flashed on the screen.

Breaking News: Mr. Gerald Anderson Jr. former COO of Anderson Marketing Corporation and only son of business tycoon Geraldo Anderson Sr. stooped down as board member of the said company, sources says that he will now act as the Acting General Manager of AMC.

Gerald Anderson Jr. was the former COO of the company until his father decided to take back his control over AMC, two months ago. After that his son acted as one of the board members of the company and gained the title of Director for operations.

As of Press time, Ms. Melissa Ricks Director of Marketing and Public Relations of the company issued a statement saying that Mr. Gerald Anderson Jr's company shares was bought by Mr. Jake Cuenca of Cuenca Group of Companies and is now the Director for Operations. Mr. Gerald Anderson Jr. will now act as the Acting General Manager of  the company.