CHAPTER 30

Sarah tried her best to be calm and collected. She won’t risk her twins’ life. She knows deep inside that Jake won’t hurt her. She loved him once and she knows how Jake loves her.

“Don’t even try to text your husband, Sarah or else he will lose you and your twins.” Jake threatened her. She just looked at him blankly and kept her silence. The next thing she knew, they were in her former condo. Jake parked his car in the underground parking lot and pulled her out of the SUV. She remained calm and tried to be alert. She followed him without resistance and kept her silence. When they reached the floor of her former condo, Jake hurriedly unlocked the front door and pulled her inside. He then locked the door and forcefully instructed her to take her seat on the sofa in the living room. Sarah did as she was told and gave him a pointed look.

“Why are we here and why are you doing all this, Jake?” She calmly asked him as she makes sure not to show any emotion.

Jake sarcastically laughed at her. “I don’t want to lose over Gerald Anderson Jr., Sarah! Yes he was my best friend but since childhood, he was also my biggest competitor. “Gerald is better than you. Gerald is more responsible than you. He is smarter than you. He is a better business man than you. He is hunkier than you. Even my own father compared me to him. He always tells me that “Gerald has a better direction in life than you, Jake when would you be like him?” There is one aspect in our shared life that I knew I’ am better than him. Relationship was not his thing. It was mine and at last I won over him. Then I met you, from the first time I saw you, I know in my heart that you are the one for me. That I can be a better man than my best friend because I know I can be a good family man which he can’t be. It was his weakness, he does not do love. Finally I have a chance showing all the people who said, his better than me that yes, he might be the more responsible, smarter and cut throat businessman than me but I can show them that I can be the family man which he can’t be. Apparently, without knowing it, even that he took away from me and worse he got the most important person in my life. I lost my mind when I discovered that you secretly married him and earlier when you told me that you’re having his twins, killed me, Sarah. You gave him your all but you never ever in our five-year relationship, two of which as my fiancée did I ever felt you surrendered yourself to me. You never gave me yourself, Sarah. You always stood your ground. I was so frustrated that you can’t trust my love for you that you can’t even let go all of your inhibitions. The next think I knew I lost you already and worst seeing you with him intensified my grief and fury. Then what? You married him just like that. Ako naghintay ako ng limang taon, Sarah. Limang taon pero ano nawala ka na lang, sumuko ka lang tapos susunod na maririnig ko nagpakasal ka sa kanya at binigay mo lahat lahat sa kanya. I never saw you this submissive, when we were together you were always strong and unyielding. You don’t know how painful that is for me, Sarah. Hindi mo alam paano mabaliw makita ang babae na pinakamamahal mo ibinigay lahat sa ibang lalake and worse sa best friend mo pa.” Jake let it all out. His voice a mixture of fury, frustration and enviousness.

“Ginawa ko lahat, minahal kita ng sobra sobra. I made myself better, for you. But what now, Sarah? You falling for him only proved that I will never ever be the better man and I will always be the second best. That he was the perfect one and I am  just the alright guy.” Jake emotionally added.

Sarah just looked and listened at him. After awhile she then decided to talk to him. “It was never my intention to hurt you like this, Jake. It’s such that we maybe are not meant to be. I've loved you, Jake but apparently I was never been meant to be yours because I was meant to be his. There is no reason to do all this, Jake. All of this, will just hurt you even more. Try to let go of me, Jake and you’ll see. You will eventually meet someone that was really meant for you.” Sarah calmly explained to him.

Jake, let go and live your life again. It was not Gerald’s fault if people perceived him to be better than you, Jake and me being with him has nothing do with your personal enviousness of him. I was meant for him and he was meant for me. It is that simple, Jake. Love is that simple.” She added.