CHAPTER 24

Sarah was left in her husband’s study room, appalled. “What, now? She annoyingly asked herself as she went out to check the progress of their breakfast.

“Manang ok na po ba yung breakfast?” She asked Manang Nena who busy preparing their meal. Manang looked at her after plating a new batch of sunny side up eggs. “Opo Mam, kakatapos ko lang po. Isasama ko na lang po sa nakahain na.” She casually told her as she put down the plate of eggs in the dining table.

“Sige po Salamat. Kain na rin po kayo ng breakfast niyo.” She said to the maid. Manang Nena nodded her head and excused herself to proceed with their own breakfast at the maid’s quarters located at the back of the kitchen.

She was preparing her husband’s coffee when she heard him stroll down the stairs. He still seems to be in a foul mood so she decided to just keep her calm and kept her silence.

“Ge, breakfast is ready.” She casually told him. He nodded at her and sat himself at the chair across her. She extended to him the cup of coffee, she prepared for him. He accepted it without uttering a word. She decided to let him be and proceeded with her meal. They ate their breakfast in heated silence when her morning symptoms attacked again. She silently stood up from her seat and walked towards the kitchen sink. She was still throwing up when she felt her husband approach her from the back. He massaged her back until the nausea eased. He gave her a glass of water and urged her to drink.

Gerald then guided her back to the table and assisted her as she sat herself in her seat. He then went back to his seat and continued to finish his meal.  

“May problema ba tayo, Ge?”  She finally asked him, as she was already infuriated with his silent treatment.

Gerald shook his head and gave her a cold stare. “Manang Nena.” He shouted to one of their helpers and ignored her.

Manang Nena immediately approached him from the maid quarters and stood beside him. “Ano po yun, Sir?” The helper asked.

“Paki tignan tignan po si Sarah. Lalabas lang po ako para magjogging.” He instructed the maid and stood up from his seat and looked at her grimly.

“Don’t forget your vitamins, Sarah.” He told her. He then looked back at the maid. “Manang.” He simply uttered as the maid bowed at him. He nodded his head at Manang and left the dining room without looking back at her.

Sarah sighed as she started to tear up. “Manang, sa taas lang po ako, paki sabi na lang kay Gerald paghinanap ako pagbalik niya.” She softly instructed the maid who was looking at her with a worried expression.

“Sige po mam.” The maid uttered to her as she stood up from her seat and went up to their room.

In their room she went straight to the room’s balcony and stared at the beautiful morning sky. “What is your problem Ge? Why is it so hard for you to open up with me? You don’t need to carry it alone, Ge. I am your wife it is my duty to help you with whatever it is.” She told herself as if her husband was hearing her. She woke up from her reverie when she heard her mobile phone rang. She turned around and entered their room. She then lifted her mobile phone from the side table beside the bed and looked at the caller id to check who was calling.