CHAPTER 21

Gerald got home at around ten that evening; he met first with his private detective and head security to investigate the claims Iza made that afternoon. He gave him the copy of the medical report regarding her suicide attempt and supposedly miscarriage.

“Keifer, inform me of the results of your investigation as soon as possible and make sure this information will not leak in the media as I want this concern to be confidential. Make sure that whatever developments you will get will be course through me directly and no one else.”  Gerald sternly instructed his private investigator and head security.

“Is that understood?” He added.

Keifer, his head security and detective nodded at him. “Yes, Mr. Anderson, I will inform you of the developments as soon as possible.” He said to him in his usual business like tone.

Gerald nodded his thanks and dismissed the meeting. He then went to the parking lot and headed home. As he entered the house, he saw his wife sprawled at the couch in the living room, fast asleep. He looked sideways and saw the television was open as the news anchor announced the headlines for that evening. He shook his head and walked towards the TV and shut it close. He then went to his still sleeping wife, kneeled beside her as he looked at her sleeping form, his hand gently caressing her cheeks. “I Love you.” He whispered to her. “She looks very tired and stressed.” He sadly said to himself. “Am I rubbing all the troubles we had on you, Love? I don’t mean to worry you and I am sorry if this past few days I seem to be distracted.” He silently whispered to her sleeping form. He was about to carry her to their room when she suddenly opened her eyes.

“Babe, nandito ka na pala, kanina ka pa diyan?” She sleepingly asked him as she lifted herself to sit. He shook his head and gave her a sad smile. “Karating lang, Babe. I was about to carry you upstairs. Bakit kasi inintay mo pa ako sana natulog ka na ng diretso.” He told her as he directed her a stern look.

Sarah lightly smiled at him and put her hands in his jaw line, her thumb caressing it. “It's okay babe, baka kasi hindi ka pa nagdinner eh tulog na mga maids kaya I’ve waited for you.” She caringly said to him.

“Did you have your dinner na?” She asked him. Gerald shook his head and said. “I forgot to have one.” He casually told her.

“Hay naku, Babe. Don’t forget about food kahit gaano ka busy ka dapat you don’t skip meals. Magkakasakit ka niyan.” She scolded him.

“Sige I’ll reheat your dinner and wait for me here.” She added. Gerald nodded his head and laughed lightly at his wife.

“Okay.” He said to her as she walked towards the kitchen which is across the living room.

“Babe, are you okay? Something seems to be bothering you?” Sarah cautiously asked him from across the kitchen.

He looked at her and shook his head. “None of it concerns you, Sarah.” He muttered coldly at her. He was pissed off with himself for making his wife worry so much because of their pressing problems and now he seems to have another reason to be guilty. His wife does not deserve this. He angrily muttered to himself. His frustration and anger simmering out of his system as he looked back at his wife’s reaction.

Sarah kept her mouth shut and looked at him with pained eyes as he went up stairs to take a shower.

“I'll  just take a shower.” He simply muttered to her without looking at her eyes as he tried to control his frustration and guilt.

Sarah kept her silence as she continued to prepare his meal. “Sorry, love. I don’t mean to.” He whispered to himself as he entered the master’s bedroom.