CHAPTER 3

Inside Gerald’s BMW, Sarah is trying her best to contain her seething feelings towards her ex fiancé. As soon as Gerald entered the car, he faced Sarah. “Are you okay, I can lend an ear you know?” He asked her with sincere concern edge in his voice.

Sarah just bowed her head and looked at her lap. “I just want to go home, Gerald. Please take me home.” She softly said to him.

Gerald just nodded his head and gently patted her hand which was resting on her lap. Sarah smiled a sad smile at him while Gerald started the engine. Gerald was about to drove out of the parking lot when her mobile phone rang. It was Jake.

“Who is it?” Gerald asked her gently when she ignored her still ringing phone.

“It’s Jake. I rather not talk to him with his temper like that.” She said annoyingly.

“Want me to answer it for you, Sarah? “ Gerald gently asked her and safely stopped the car at the side of the road.

“I don’t want you and Jake to have a rift because of me. Let us just ignore him.” She said firmly

Gerald nodded at her. “Are you sure?” He asked her.

“Yah, go on and drive. Sinara ko na phone ko.” She quietly said to him and smiled.

They were silent for quite some time when, Sarah suddenly said. “Gerald, I don’t want to go home at the condo. I am sure Jake will be there.”

Gerald looked sideways at her, concern evident from his eyes. “Where do you want me to bring you then?” He asked her.

“Anywhere, at your condo? Or better, just drop me off at the office, I’ll just stay there for the night.” She said casually.

Gerald shook his head and lightly touched her face with his hand. “No, hindi ka magiging comfortable doon sa office. I’ll just bring you to my condo and stay there for the night if you want?” He asked her and gave her a concerned look.

“Nah, Jake might guess that you brought me to your home after realizing I am not at the condo.” She said to him.

“Then saan mo gusto?” He asked while concentrating on the road. She suddenly felt so tired. “Magcheck-in na lang ako sa isang hotel near here, can you just drop me off kung saan hotel malapit dito.” She resignedly told him.

Gerald nodded at her. “O sige, but I’ll be with you as well. Doon ako sa tabing room don’t worry. I just don’t want to leave you at this state.” He said with determined edge in his voice.

Sarah is so tired and wrapped up with her emotions to argue with him. She just gave him a nod and peek at the side window of the car.

Gerald parked his BMW at the Sofitel Manila in Roxas Boulevard. Sarah smiled at him and went out of the car while Gerald followed her towards the entrance of the hotel.

They approached the front desk personnel and asked for two regular rooms. The hotel representative gave them a sad smile. “Sorry, Mr. Anderson and Ms Geronimo all our regular rooms are already occupied. We have a special event for tomorrow that is why our regular rooms are fully booked, for tonight.” She informed them.

Gerald and Sarah looked at each other. Gerald then tapped Sarah’s hand and whispered to her. “I’ll handle this. Don’t worry.”

Gerald then looked back to the hotel representative who was assisting them. “Ah Karen right? He asked her. The representative nodded at him.

“Do you have other rooms available for us? We prefer if it will be separate rooms as long as it is on the same floor or a room next to each other would be better.” Gerald continued.