Beside You: Chapter 2

Vanessa's POV

"Come on honey, let's get you settled." I smiled.

She got into a gown and up on the bed, then I got my little monitor out. I began waving it about her belly, trying to find a heartbeat.

"Nothing seems out of the ordinary, she’s just having a snooze from the looks of things. Her heartbeat, oxygen levels, everything.looks great and she's moved down into your pelvis which is great to see." I grinned.

"What does that mean?" she asked me.

"It means she's getting herself ready to come into the world and make that trip down the birth canal." I said, giving her hand and encouraging squeeze.

"Okay, I'm so sorry I'm such a pain. I, well, I never told you guys this, but I had a twin in the womb. She died because my mum thought she was taking a snooze, so I've always been scared I wouldn't know...." she whispered.

Now everything made so much sense.

"Well if anything was abnormal we'd pick it up." I assured her. "Technology for pregnancies and child birth has come a long way."

"I'm just scared I guess, little Emily Jane here is my heart and soul, I don't want to lose her. Doing this on my own is hard enough." she smiled.

"You're not alone sweetie, you have us and in a week or less you'll have your little girl." I soothed.

"A week or less? You think?" she asked, brightly.

I nodded. "When babies drop down into the pelvis it's drawing very close."

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much Vanessa," she smiled.

We got her all dressed and out the door, leaving happier than she has in the past.

"What did you do to her?" Jeny said with a dumb-struck look. "I can never get her to look that happy."

"Long talk, there's reasons behind her issues and most importantly baby Emily has descended into the pelvis. The time is getting very close." I smiled. Just then my phone beeped.

Luke: I don’t wanna go to Europe and b a rockstar *pouts*

Nessie: Then come home! You can be my rockstar in the comfort of our own lounge room.

Luke: I wish I could I miss u so much already and we haven't even gotten on the dang plane yet. I hate delays.

Nessie: Y r u delayed? Ashton sneak on board and mess with the buttons? ; )

Luke: No, something bout maintenance, the plane had to be refueled and stuff. If I hada known dis I woulda stayd home longer :((((

Nessie: Awwwww babe : (

Luke: Ilysm and miss u loads alrdy.

Nessie: I miss u more than I can express in words. Dunno how I'll survive without my Lukey there to cuddle.

Luke: I left penguin there for you. My bunk will be cold without either of you, but you need him more than I do.

Nessie: Oh no, now how will u block out the wanking from the others? No pengy there to save u.

Luke: Only wanking I need to worry about is Calum. I swear those 2 r bunnies, it may fall off before we get home.

Nessie: *whines* Honeeeeyyyy.

Luke: What? I meant his not mine! Mine will be safe and sound lol.

Nessie: .....good to know babe.

Luke: Thanks baby I wuvs u.

Nessie: I guess I love you too. JK! I know I do.

Luke: Boo we're boarding. I dont wanna go! Can’t make me!