Chapter 24

Luke's POV

So, well let's just say Harry and Michael were out and it was HUGE news, so people had forgotten about Nessie and I, that was until December 14th, finally at home in Australia. We were in the middle of finishing the nursery, well she was, cuz she was kinda OCD about it, and I was taking a pee, and I got a burst of a scream from the other room.

"LUCAS!!!! MY WATER BROKE!!!!" she squealed.

My body jerked violently and I sent a giant stream of pee flying up the bathroom wall. I hastily zipped my jeans back up and sped down the hall where Nessie was standing over a huge puddle of water.

"I-I-I....you-you-you.....she-she-she." I sputtered.

"Just call your mother now!" she screeched.

"Yes ma'am!!!" i squealed and ran off to tell her. Then called Jeny and Rae to prepare them. Then we drove fast to the hospital, her screaming the entire way.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!!" i said. oh my gosh. I've done this to her. I'VE caused this pain.

"You should be," she growled.

"Babe try and remember what Jen said during your anti-natal classes. It's just her, it's only Ashleigh, the pain needs to happen so she can come out and say hi Mummy, hi Daddy." I said.

"Yeah yeah, just drive," she growled.

"You're lucky I even managed to get my license in the first place, I was barely home to get the hours that I needed to go for it." I said in a joking tone, trying to keep the mood light.

"yeah yeah, just DRIVE!!!" she repeated a bite in her voice. Okay, shutting up now. Wow, this is not pleasant. When we arrived, Jeny was excitedly bouncing on her toes and anxious to hand me a crap load of paperwork and then wheel Nessie into a labor and delivery room. After all that paperwork, I went in and Nessie was all hooked up, heart monitor for her and baby, fetal tones, contraction monitor, and then of course that IV, and now she seemed well happy.

"Hi honey, we're having a baby!" she cooed.

"I got her some quick pain meds till they get here with the really good stuff," Jeny said softly.

"I like diamorphine, diamorphine is good shit." Nessie giggled. "Oh god, I wouldn't have thought she'd be far enough along for any pain meds other then gas and air." I said. "Luke she's a good 5 centimeters dilated." Jen pointed out. "All that contracting she'd been doing at home before her waters broke has really moved things along." "She'd been contracting before her waters broke?" I said. "Yeah she's been contracting since like 1 o'clock this morning, you didn't know?" Jen asked me.

"No, she didn't tell me," I said, sadly. "Probably didn't want to worry you, I told her to just stay home till her water broke, and well, here she is," she said.

"She-she didn't even make a fuss and she bawled her eyes out when she cut herself shaving." I said, feeling slightly bewildered.

"Yeah well they weren't extremely painful, jut un comfy apparently, from what she told me, but just relax Luke, she's doing fine, Ashleigh should be here in a few hours," she smiled.

I collapsed into a chair beside Nessa's bed and my head hung heavily. "I can't believe she's coming, we've had almost 10 months to prepare for her and yet I still feel like we're no where near ready."

"You'll be fine, no worries sir," she said, patted my back and headed out.

"Yeah.....fine." I said and flicked my eyes towards Nessa's bump.

"Okay miss Ashleigh, time for our first father daughter talk. I'm terrified, so please, take it easy on your dear old dad, okay? I'm still a kid myself, and I'm not so sure what kinda dad I'm gonna be, so we gotta get thru this together, okay? you and me princess," i whispered, rubbing that baby bump. "Tickles," Nessie said, quietly, her eyes drifting closed.