Chapter 29 (ENDING)

Calum's POV

"Calum, I feel poorly," Jeny whimpered as I got ready to leave the bus for sound check. I smiled and went to check on her. I put my hand on her forehead and felt that she was pretty warm.

"Poor baby, don't worry Dr Hood will take care of you." I cooed.

"I know you will. I wish I could come watch you perform," she said, weakly.

The sound of your voice made my concern for her grow. "Babe I think you should go see a real Dr. Something tells me that this may be more than a cold or flu."

"Nah, I'm sure its just a bug. I'm fine," she smiled, "Just gonna rest."

"Are you sure?" I asked her. I was feeling really un easy and I'm glad we were only on stage for 40 minutes.

"Yea babe, no worries, okay, go being that sexy stage animal rock star I love so much..." she said. She looked pale. If she was any worse after I finished our set I was taking her to hospital, with or without her permission.

"Alright, just promise me you'll rest okay? No running after Ashleigh or cleaning up after the boys." I said firmly.

"Promise," she said, and laid her head back down in our bunk. I kissed her burning forehead then went to the stadium. I was worried about her... very worried.

"Hey Calum!" Ashton called down to me while I was adjusting my mic stand height. " Is there a particular reason why your shirt is inside out?"

"Just distracted today... Jeny's sick, and I hate being apart from her when she's ill," I said.

"Do you want me to check on her?" Rae asked, from her spot beside Ashton.

"If you could please, it would put my mind at ease." I said.

"Hey you're a poet and you didn't know it." Luke grinned.

"Shut up," I laughed.

"NO problem, I'll got check, I am a nurse after all," Rae said, pecked Ashton's lips then headed off. After sound check. and our music set I rushed to the bus to see Vanessa, Rae, and Liz looking very concerned, Nessie bouncing Ashleigh.

"What's going on?!" I asked.

'Jeny's on her way to hospital, I think she's very ill Calum!" Rae said.

"HOSPITAL?!" I roared. "Why the FUCK did no one THINK to tell me?!"

"Because you were in the middle of your set!!! you calm down Calum Thomas!!!!" I heard and turned to see my mom standing there, gesturing to a waiting SUV, "Now come on!! let's get going!"

"Mum!" I exclaimed and legged it into the car.

"Come on boy, let's go see that girlfriend of yours," she smiled, and we took off, me hugging her.

"She just has to be okay," I said, softly.

"I'm sure she will be darling. " She soothed and placed a hand on the side of my head, patting it gently. I was scared for my girl, I couldn't lose her, not now, not ever. When we got to the hospital we were ushered to the side with a doctor so he could speak to us.

"Jeny is very sick. She's suffering from Aseptic Meningitis," he said.

"What the hell is that?" I said. "Calum." Mum warned.

"It's meningitis, just like I said, could be any number of things causing it... but we're thinking its come from a fungal infection, but all we know is the layers lining the brain have become infected and inflamed, most likely from an infection somewhere in her body... we have her on antibiotics, and we're waiting to see if that reduces the infection," he said.