Beside You - Chapter 5

Vanessa's POV

I walked into that bathroom and nervously took that test, before putting the cap on it and carrying it back out to Jeny. As I walked the test was slowly changing... was that a plus sign? No no it couldn't be, but it was. Once I reached Jeny it was a bright pink plus sign. Oh god I’m dizzy... oh Jesus save me, midwife going down.

"Uh uh uh don't you go fainting on me." Jeny said quickly, throwing her arms out to catch me. "Too bad I'm fainting anyway." I replied.

"No no... here sit.." she said, sitting me on the couch.

"Oh god Jeny! I can't, tell me I read it wrong." I cried.

"Sorry, we promised never to lie to one another." she sighed.

"Oh god, Jeny, pregnant, oh god, what am I gonna tell him?" I squeaked.

"Umm hey Luke, you gonna be a daddy, or hey Luke I’m knocked up." she said, trying to make me smile.

"That'll be a cheerful conversation; hello Lukey how's tour going? Oh yeah I'm pregnant with your child and you're going to be away for roughly 6 months."

"Its not six months only like 3....." I tried to reason.

"No, nonononono it's more then that now they're figgen opening for them all over the UK, Ireland AND EUROPE!" I ranted, my teeth gritting together in panic.

"Oh... right..." she whimpered and into a dining room chair. "I forgots."

I paced and I paced and I paced some more and then finally I decided that I'd worn the carpet down enough. I pressed my back to the wall and slowly slid down until my bum hit the ground. I clutched my hair in my hands and sobbed loudly and noisily....yeah there's definitely going to be snot present during this crying fit.

"I can't do this Jen!"

"Oh Nessie, honey, shh, it's okay, it's okay..." she said, softly coming over to hold me to her chest and soothe me.

"But it's NOT okay Jeny!" I wailed. "It's not in anyway okay, I just found out I am pregnant with my boyfriend's baby and said boyfriend is only 17 and set off to go on tour around the world for 6 fucking months!"

"Honey, shhh, he'd be back in time, and we can always MAKE time to follow them on tour...... first thing we have to do is tell him." she said.

Tell him?! I can't tell him! This will ruin his career! He can't have his career ruined, they're at the top of their game now and have put in far too much time, work and effort to have it jeopardized by me. I'll forever be known as 'the slut who killed Luke's career all because she failed to take precautions and ended up getting knocked up which ended 5SOS!' Mmmmm that has a great ring to it right? Please tell me you noted the sarcasm?

"Stop lecturing yourself, you got your lecturing yourself face on..... I can hear it now, you're mentally scloding yourself... you have to tell him.... it'll be far worse if you don't." she said, stroking my hair.

 "How can I not lecture myself Jeny?" I sobbed, my breath coming out in short little hitches. "Luke's never going to want to speak to me again."

"Yes he will, you look at me, right now. That MAN loves you, he is by far the most mature in that band, grown up and he LOVES YOU. He wont run, or be angry, he'll be sad because he cant be here by you through this, that's it..." she promised.

 I flicked some lint balls off my scrubs and didn't say another word.

"And I know what you're thinking that is not another reason to not tell him." Jeny said. Dang it; I hate the whole I'm your best friend so I can read your mind trick she does.