The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 54

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle-A Zootopia Fanfiction

--------------------------------------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6-Nick's Story
(Continued...Pt. 4)

Judy Hopps was sitting with her ears laid back and her arms crossed, hunched into herself and looking like an angry little gnome.

Yes, it had happened years before they'd met, and yes...Nick had changed a lot since then. Certainly he was a different fox than the one she'd spotted slinking into Jerry Jumbeaux's two years previously. And, let's face it; she wasn't exactly a babe in the woods herself when it came to the subject of interspecies prejudice.

But still...BOP-a-Bunny!

The thing that had really set Judy off had been that one of bopper-targets had been dressed up as a bunny-cop, as if to mock her ambition of one day becoming a police officer herself. What was it she had said to Gideon Grey, after making the announcement at the Carrots Days talent show, (...probably right around that same time?) 'It may seem impossible to small minds.' Well if Gideon's mind had been small back then, Nick Wilde's had been practically microscopic!

BOP-a-Bunny!

She looked up sharply as he returned to the lounge car, bearing a peace offering of a double carrot-cake latte, (a replacement for one she'd pitched at him.) Yep, and there it was, that hurt-little-fox-cub look again.

"For what it's worth Carrots..."

"Judy," she corrected him, just to let him know he wasn't getting off the hook with her quite that easily.

"All right, Judy," he said, setting the cup in front of her...very gingerly. When she'd first seen the image of the Bop-a-Bunny game, her cup had been nearly drained, (and she never missed twice.)

"As I was saying," Nick went on, choosing his words carefully, "Robyn wasn't very happy either when she saw the Bop-a-Bunny game ..."

Judy swiftly interrupted him. "Good for her!"

"And she also pointed something out to me," the fox went on, hurrying a little, "while our other attractions were just about predators having fun with their hunting skills, this one had us playing at trying to hurt another animal. 'You better hope the Prey Species Preservation Society never sees this thing,' she said to me, 'They won't know whether to string you up or thank you for the ammunition.' She was right of course, and the Bop-a-Bunny game was gone by the day of our Grand Opening. "

Judy grumbled, sighed, and reached for her latte. All right, she supposed...she'd forgive him, this time.

Nick must have read her body language, because he settled down quickly into his chair and continued on with his story.

--------------------------------------------------------

"On the day we finally opened, Wild Times drew a grand total of five patrons...and the next day only ten..."