The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 39

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle—A Zootopia Fanfiction

-------------------------------------------------------  

Part One:

Fuel

-------------------------------------------------------  

Chapter 4 – The Wizard of Chaos
(Continued...Pt. 8)

Seth Whitepaugh's reaction to Gully's report could be summed up in just three words.

"He...did...WHAT?"

The wolverine was not in a good mood—to put it mildly. What made it even worse was the fact that only a short while ago, his outlook had been entirely different; things had been developing nicely up to that point.

Now he wanted to sink his claws into something...or someone. Could Jack La Peigne have really have acted that impetuously...NOW, of all times?

Yes he could, Whitepaugh concluded testily; it wouldn't be the first, or the worst such instance.

He spoke into his bluefang again.

"And you heard all this from Clawson?" he asked, arching an eyebrow.

200 miles away, 'King' Cole Gully looked briefly at the door and then glanced at the prostrate form of Laura Clawson, slumbering fitfully beneath the covers of the hospital bed. How should he present this? Straight up, no frills he swiftly decided; that was the only way to talk to Seth Whitepaugh.

A part of him still couldn't believe he had dared to call Aker's much-feared senior operative on the emergency hotline. But if what he'd heard was true...

"Yes sir, but I honestly can't vouch for the accuracy of what I heard; I don't think Clawson knew what she was saying, Mr. Whitepaw; she took a pretty good knock on the head from that savage bunny. For all I know, she could have imagined the whole thing." There was silence on the other end and he added quickly, "Just the same, I thought I should notify headquarters immediately...er, just in case."

There was more silence and for a second or two, Gully wondered if the call had been dropped, but then the other wolverine asked him, "And you're certain that no one else heard what she said?"

"Yes sir," Gully answered at once, relieved that finally he was able to relate something he knew for a fact, "We were alone in here at the time." He paused, wondering if he should say it now, but then decided it could wait. Instead he told Whitepaugh, "They've sedated her sir, so it's not likely she'll be saying anything else, but I'm keeping watch just the same." Okay now, now tell him, "However I should mention that errr, I'm not supposed to be in here Mr. Whitepaugh. If a doctor or a nurse walks in and finds me..."

"We'll handle it," Whitepaugh told him, snapping his fingers and pointing towards a nutria seated at one of the work-stations. "You there, our operative Gully will require access to operative Clawson. She's in Pawvidence Memorial Hospital, Bunnyburrow at the moment. He's to be granted full admission to her room, 24/7; take care of it."