The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 46

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle-A Zootopia Fanfiction

-------------------------------------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4 - The Wizard of Chaos
(Conclusion)

Back inside The Carrot Days Festival, a hundred things were happening all at once.

Jack LaPeigne was staying holed up in back of the stage, directing his security mammals from a makeshift command center set up in one of the trailers. The big bunny didn't like the idea of hiding at a time like this, but at the same time, he understood the necessity.

Nick and Judy had left him there; they had duties of their own to perform. Making their way to the Sheriff's station at the other end of dance, they found only one animal on duty...but fortunately for them that one, single deputy was Mac Cannon. On the way there, they had passed by the electrical substation, now fully inoperative thanks to the tender mercies of a young silver fox (and his white furred bunny companion.) While Nick appreciated Conor's efforts, holy foxtrot kid, does the word 'overkill' mean anything to you?

Chip Fielding had also departed, having insisted upon fursonally delivering the message that the power would be down for the rest of the evening, even though he knew he'd have to make that announcement from center stage-directly in the line of fire when the Guilford brothers arrived. Not only that, he'd have to remain there and keep repeating the message until the exodus was at least half-way complete. Nonetheless, he'd all but demanded the job.

"Whoever's going to tell that crowd we can't get the power back on, it has to be someone the animals of Burrow County know and recognize." he'd said, just before taking his leave. Nick could hear him even now, repeating the announcement for the fifth time. He had to admire the beaver. A sleazy politician he might be, but he was possessed of both courage and a commitment to the mammals of Bunnyburrow.

"Ladies and...(inaudible) we're sorry to...(inaudible) due to a technical mishap..."

He'd had to say it three times before the dance attendees had stopped their grumbling and begun moving towards the exits. Only in the last few minutes had the trickle become a steady stream, with everyone being guided along by Jack LaPeigne's security guards. Nick had to admit, they knew their job; they were taking the larger animals out through the stage exit, and the rodents by way of the secondary exit. The mid-sized and small mammals, by far the largest group, were being directed out through the main entrance.

All well and good, but it wouldn't be enough and the red fox knew it; there was no way on earth they could get this place cleared out before the Guilford brothers made their move. (Judy's family at least had already made their exit, not through any effort on her part, but because they'd happened to be close to the main gate when the announcement came. )

Not all of them had made it out, though. Bonnie Hopps had called only moments ago, asking if Judy had seen Erin anywhere. She'd had to tell her mother no, although Nick could swear he'd caught the young bunny's scent again when they'd passed by the electrical substation a while ago. Agggggh, grrrr, if only his crazy idea would work. But not only was that a remote possibility, even if the plan succeeded, it could still backfire and in the worst possible way-as Mac Cannon had succinctly pointed out only moments earlier.