The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 105

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

-----------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle—A Zootopia Fanfiction

-----------------------------------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

-----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12 –The Best Laid Plans
(Continued...Pt. 6)

This was not going to go well; she knew that almost without thinking. She had never met Mrs. Tichor before, and as for Mr. Tichor, well...

Judy had initially hoped he might at least find something familiar about the bunny-cop coming to talk to him. No such luck; at the moment, he looked like he wouldn't be able to recognize his own mother.

(Well-l-l, it wasn't as if Captain Lowe hadn't warned her...)

She and Swinton had found the two pigs sitting beneath an awning next to an emergency vehicle...where an EMT had just finished attending to Franklin's burned hoof. He wore a glassy, almost catatonic expression, while his spouse looked like she wanted to bite somebody. One look at her and Judy had been instantly brought up short...not because of the look on her face, but because of her size. Mrs. Tichor was a giant forest pig, the largest species of swine on the planet. Sweet cheez n' crackers, she literally towered over her husband; Benjamin Clawhauser's uniform would have fit her to a 'T'.

Steeling herself, Judy moved forward, offering a tentative greeting to the flower shop owner.

"Mr...Tichor?" (Whoa, she'd almost forgotten his name.)

The morose pig's head turned idly in her direction, a rusty weathervane in a shifting breeze. But then, to the doe bunny's amazement, he blinked and his gaze seemed to crystallize.

"Judy? Judy Hopps!" he said, and then he was on his feet and sticking out his uninjured hoof. "Marie, this is the bunny-cop I told you about, the one that caught the weasel, tried to rob us."

"Oh yes, Franklin told me all about you," his wife said, also extending a hoof. When Judy took it, her paw completely disappeared in the big sow's grip, and for a moment she wondered if she was going to get it back. Mrs. Tichor seemed nice enough...and yet, there was a forced quality about her that immediately put the doe-bunny on edge.

She shook it off; this was no time for fursonalities.

"And this is Officer Swinton," she said, indicating the pig-cop on her right. Again the greetings were as cordial as possible under the circumstances—in Marie's case, much more so than they'd been with her, (Judy couldn't help noticing.) Claire Swinton might almost have been a long, lost sister from the way the other sow was treating her,.

"Never mind, get on with the business at paw." she reminded herself.

"I'm really sorry for what happened," she told the couple; the standard police-condolence. (Meanwhile Swinton was getting out a notepad out and a pocket voice-recorder.) "And we hope to be able to catch whoever did this as soon..."