The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 3

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

-------------------------------

The Fire Triangle—A Zootopia Fanfiction

-------------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

--------------------------------

Chapter 1 – With This Ring
(Continued... Pt. 3)

"You KISSED me! What did you have to kiss me for?"

Judy was staring up at Nick with a mixture of shock and puzzled surprise.

For several seconds, the fox was unable to respond or even look at her; his expression one of uncharacteristic contrition

"Now Carrots," he said, making and short stopping motions with his paws, "let's just calm down and pin this conversation to the wall..."

Hi partner's eyes seemed to grow by two sizes.

"Pin...wall? What in the name of sweet cheese n' crackers are you talking about, Nick?"

Before the fox could answer her, Judy glanced past him. About six paces away a bubbler drinking fountain was gurgling in the sun.. Ignoring the fox for the moment, she pushed her was past him and made a mad dash for the water, covering the distance in two leaps and half a bound. The fountain was at least a head too high for a bunny to reach, but Judy Hopps wasn't about to quit now. Jumping up full force, she grabbed the bubbler's rim like a basketball hoop and plunged her face into the basin, blubbering and gurgling and splashing water over the edge.

A few seconds later she came up for air, spitting water and angry words.

"Ick...Yuck! Carnivore breath! Bluhhhh!"

When she shoved her face back in again, it looked to Nick as if his partner was almost attempting to drown herself.

The splashing went on like that for almost a full two minutes before Judy finally finished and hopped back down to terra firma. When she hit the ground, the first thing she saw was Nick Wilde offering her a pawkerchief. She snatched it out his grip as if she were taking back a stolen item and began to rapidly dry her face, angrily at first but then at a slower, more measured pace.

And then at last, she looked at her partner again. Although her anger seemed to have mostly cooled, her confusion was running at high revs.

"For crying out loud fox," she said, staring up at him as if he'd suddenly sprouted a third eye, "What the HECK did you have to go and do that for? Everyone and their third cousin must have seen it."

Nick spread his paws wide, in a gesture of mea culpa.

"I...I'm sorry Carrots, really I am, but it was all I could think of right then."

Judy's ears fell back and her nose began to twitch. She had been expecting one of his 'clever-fox' comebacks, but instead he sounded genuinely apologetic.

She decided to tone it down a little.

"All you could...think of? Nick, I don't understand what you mean. Help me out, okay?" "