The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 76

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

-----------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle—A Zootopia Fanfiction

-----------------------------------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

-----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9 –Fire And Mirrors
(Continued...Pt. 3)

Judy's two companions didn't need to ask where they were going; the Agave Avenue Metro station was only a short drive from the Beach Promenade, whereas the eastbound Blue Line train would have to get there by way of a meandering course with several other stops along the way—and they still had a small head-start on the kid.

All during the drive, Nick and Swinton remained busy, dispatching Delgato to the Oasis Hotel Station, sending Grizzoli back to the Beach Promenade to keep an eye on the locker-room (and transferring the camera-feed to the Sahara Square Precinct,) and, most importantly, alerting the three officers on the train that the suspect might have made them, and to be ready to move in case he tried to bolt.

Nick made that last call through gritted teeth, knowing full well that it wouldn't be long before that chittering cyber-jerk Lieutenant Tufts got wind of it. For once, he hoped he was wrong. In fact there was something about the Peak-Street spur, something he knew but couldn't quite wrap his head around.

He was still mulling the problem when Judy pulled up to the curb outside of the Agave Avenue Metro Station, (well ahead of Conor and the three officers on the train with him.)

Peak Street...Peak Street...

Nick studied the map again. The Peak Street spur ran almost entirely through downtown...except for one short section where it passed through the Rainforest District, making a single stop at the Fruit Valley Station.

"Fruit Valley...there's something there...Come on Slick, you're the fox who's supposed to know this city like the back of your paw. What is it that you're missing? THINK!"

"Swinton, let me see that laptop for a minute?"

She passed it over without comment; Nick called up Zoogle maps and entered Fruit Valley Metro Station. The location quickly appeared, but nothing registered at first; nothing familiar, except...what was that thin, straight line, heading away towards the southwest? He zoomed in more closely...and saw it; not what he was looking for, but something else, the thing he'd been trying to remember. Holy...

But that line, what was that diagonal line? He clicked on the 'Satellite' icon...and there it was at last.

"Ohhh, yes!" Nick could feel his tail beginning to move in an S-pattern. He forced it to stop. There was still one thing...one piece that still didn't fit. Why had Conor taken the Blue Line train instead of...?

He switched back to the 'Map' view and typed in another location.

This time he saw it as soon as he pressed 'enter.' Dangit, how could he have forgotten something so basic? Now, finally, everything made sense.