The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 89

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle—A Zootopia Fanfiction

------------------------------------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10 –When A Fox Goes Rabbit
(Continued...Pt. 4)

Judy Hopps cracked open the door to Chief Bogo's office—and immediately squelched a groan. What was that she'd said to Erin on the phone a few minutes ago...something about a meeting between her, Nick, and the Chief?

Ehhh, wrong!

"Sweet cheez n' crackers, it's packed like a clown car in here," Judy marveled as Nick followed her through the door. Right away she saw Rudy Gamsbart, Attorney General Sayarov and George Schatten, (the latter banished to a chair at the back of the room.) Also in attendance was Jorge Reyes, the jaguar who'd brought Conor down to the precinct lobby, leaning against a wall with his arms crossed. Bob Sparks, the donkey who'd been on the reception desk the previous evening, was here as well ...fidgeting constantly and looking at his watch. Claire Swinton was also present—no surprise there, since she'd been the one who'd uncovered Conor's escape—and Albert Tufts was once again perched on a makeshift seat atop Chief Bogo's desk.

There was exactly one unoccupied chair left in the office but, fortunately for Nick and Judy, it was large-mammal size—big enough to share. Otherwise, one of them would likely have been left standing.

"Probably me," Judy thought to herself, a sardonic smile etching its way across her features. (Casual chivalry had never been a certain red fox's long suit.)

Several nods greeted them as they entered, with maybe a grunt or two thrown in. And then Chief Bogo picked up from where he'd left off when the door opened.

"I simply can't believe this," he said, pressing his half-moon glasses against his face; scrutinizing the document in his hooves as though the writing was barely legible, "If I didn't know better, I'd swear this was the genuine article. Look at the details, every date and time stamp is right on the mark. Even the seal for the Clerk of the Zootopia Supreme Court is correct; how the devil did the Phantom DO it?"

"Even for him it was a fairly involved process," Albert Tufts chittered, pointing at the papers, "He went to a lot of trouble to create that forgery."

The head of the ZPD Cybercrimes Unit looked particularly haggard this morning—but also equally determined; Conor Lewis and his mentor might have won this round, but they weren't going to win the match, not if he had anything to say about it.

"First," the Kaibab squirrel explained, "the Phantom registered a fake website, an exact duplicate of the Zootopia Supreme Court web-page, but with a slightly different web address."

"You can DO that?" Judy Hopps asked, incredulous. Tufts responded to her question with a look that had 'dumb bunny' written all over it.

"It's actually a pretty common web-scam," he said, "There's even a name for it, typosquatting. Anyway, in the next step, the Phantom used his duplicate website to forward that bogus document the chief is holding to the city jail office. I think you all know what happened next."