The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 20

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle-A Zootopia Fanfiction

-------------------------------------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 - Day of Carrots and Blueberries
(Continued...Pt. 12)

A thousand things were happening, everywhere at once.

In the fourth row of the amphitheater, each and every animal was halfway out of their seat.

Judy wanted the others to stay put. "Let Nick and me take care of this, guys."

Her mother was having none of it. "She's my daughter Judy!" And there was no arguing with her on that score-much less with the order she gave her husband to remain where the heck he was.

"No Stu; you'll just start blubbering again and that's the last thing Erin needs right now."

"'Kay," he nodded meekly and sat down again.

All right, that much was settled, but the Hopps party had all been seated stage right-and the performer's entrance was on the far left side of the house. Erin might be long gone by the time they got there, unless...

Nick Wilde was the first to size up the situation.

"Okay Carrots; you take the high road and I'll take the low road," (their private code for 'you go over and I'll go under'.)

Instead of responding, Judy looked at her mother for a second.

Bonnie instantly made a shooing motion.

"No, go...go! I'll catch up later." Every second was critical.

Judy nodded and sprang up out of her seat, leaping and bounding over chairs and spectators while Nick Wilde dropped to all fours and went scurrying underfoot.

"Excuse me...sorry...coming though...police business ..."

"Sorry...'scuse me...family emergency...pardon..."

Three rows in front of them, Erin's girlfriends had also cleared their seats and were also racing for the stage gate. It was no contest as to who would get there first; the girl posse was not only closer but also had fewer 'obstacles' in the way.

When they reached the entrance however, everything became equal; the bighorn sheep on guard duty refused to them through the gate.

"Sorry, no one gets in without a pass."

"Please, that's our friend in there," Terri Blackburn pleaded,

"Erin needs us; she's hurting baa-aa-aad." Cara Combs added swiftly, hoping a little bleating might draw some sympathy from her fellow sheep.

She might just as well have growled like a tiger. The bighorn ram only eyed her coldly for a second.

"No one gets in without a pass." He sounded like one of those animatronic dummies in a theme park ride