The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 30

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle-A Zootopia Fanfiction

------------------------------------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 - Day of Carrots and Blueberries

(Continued...Pt. 22)

"What do you mean I can't go on?" Erin Hopps stared wide-eyed at the animal on the other side of the table, thumping her foot to no avail.

She was waiting at the talent show check-in station, a tented booth set just to the right of the amphitheater entrance; here was where you came to pick-up your access-pass for the backstage gate...except it looked like she wasn't getting through the gate tonight. Gah, after all she'd gone through to obtain a second chance, to be turned away now; so close and yet so far.

The worst part, from Erin's point of view, was that she was dealing with a member of her own species, a plump, matronly bunny on the wrong side of middle-age that looked just like everyone's least favorite grade school teacher.

Acted like her, too.

"Young lady, the rules are very specific." The older bunny picked up a sheet of paper and adjusted her half-moon glasses, "Three: 'No one participating in the Carrot Days Talent Show may sign up to perform more than once.'"

"But I never got to perform," Erin tried to protest, (Dangit, this Stonewall Jackrabbit would have to recognize her from yesterday!)

As if that would make a difference to this rabbit; she refused to budge

"Sorry, but rules are rules," she said, and then peered over the rim of her spectacles, "Frankly my dear, I don't understand how it was that you were permitted to sign up again in the first place."

"Wait a minute, she didn't sign up, I did." Conor Lewis tried to intervene, speaking up from behind her. Aggggh, grrrr, he could have kicked himself all the way back to Zootopia. Why hadn't he just kept it as his slot until they got onstage? It wouldn't have made any real difference, and they'd already have their passes.

Ms. Stonewall gave him the same look she'd given Erin.

"You can't just give away your slot to whomever you want, young fox; that's also not allowed, therefore, I'm afraid I must inform you..."

"Wait hold it, Conor didn't give her his slot!" A new voice interrupted, and then he and Erin turned to see Nick Wilde standing there.

"It's still his performance, he just invited Erin to join him on a duet," the red fox continued hastily, and then gave Conor a sideways glance. "Didn't you kid?"

"Uh yeah," the younger fox answered snatching up the lifetime, "I wasn't sure if she was going to be available, so I signed up to perform solo. That way I'd still have my spot in case she couldn't make it. I only gave her top billing coz she's on lead vocals."