The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 10

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle—A Zootopia Fanfiction

--------------------------------------------------------  

Part One:

Fuel

--------------------------------------------------------  

Chapter 3 – Day of Carrots and Blueberries
(Continued...Pt. 2)

Judy sniffed and flicked a tear away, ears falling backwards in a sign of complete emotion.

The Bunnyburrows Station platform was literally swarming with rabbits, they seemed to be everywhere. It was hard to spot an individual face in a crowd like that, but the few Judy was able to pick out, she recognized immediately; and right there in the center of the throng were her parents, waving almost frantically in her direction. And as the Zootopia Zephyr pulled to a halt, the crowd raised a huge banner, strung between two poles. 'WELCOME HOME, JUDY!" It was decorated with hearts and a drawing of a police badge

"You didn't ALL need to come." Judy sniffed again. It wasn't her entire family out there, but is sure as heck felt like it, "And what's the sign for?"

When the doors opened, Judy's parents were there, the first ones waiting to greet her. She leaped off the train in a single bound and threw her arms around them, hugging them tight.

"You didn't have to do all THIS." She said, and then gave them each a kiss on the cheek.

"No Judy, but we wanted to," her mother countered and the three of them hugged even tighter. When they let go, Stu took hold of her paws beaming with pride as only a happy father can. "Welcome home Detective Hopps."

Judy stepped back and raised a cautionary paw.

"Easy Dad, I haven't made the detective squad yet."

"No, but we're getting closer." A voice from behind her said, "We worked our first undercover sting, the day before yesterday, helped our Chief make a big, important bust"

Judy frowned as she heard Nick speaking. Wasn't it just like him to exaggerate everything?

She turned to offer the fox a rebuke—and felt her face drop down to the floor. Nick was lugging their bags, hers and his, all by himself. D'ohhhh, she should have stayed and helped him instead of jumping off the train like that. Luckily, a couple of her siblings took note of the fox's plight and immediately pitched in to assist him.

"Hello Bonnie, Hi Stu." the red fox waved, freed from the extra burden. (They had known each other long enough by now to be on a first-name basis.)

"Hello Nick," the bunny farmer answered, thrusting out a paw, "Welcome to Bunnyburrows."

Watching him, Judy had to smile. They first time they'd met, her dad had barely been able to bring himself to touch Nick's paw. It hadn't so much the fact that he was fox as it was that he was a CITY fox—or that was how her father had explained it at the time. Whatever the reason, he had no such problem now by the look of things.

"Thanks Stu, it's good to be here." Nick answered, sounding as if he genuinely meant it before accepting a hug from Bonnie. "Quite the turnout," he observed, making what was for him a rare understatement.