The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 29

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle-A Zootopia Fanfiction

--------------------------------------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 - Day of Carrots and Blueberries
(Continued...Pt. 21)

What happened next might almost have been the work of an imp with a warped sense of humor. Just then, Erin's Tablet declared, in Bunny Raitt's voice. "Let's give 'em something to talk abouuuut."

"What the heck is that?" Conor wondered to himself and it was Sue Cannon who answered his unspoken question, although not directly.

"Wha...? Who's sending you a chat request now?" She was looking at Erin.

By way of an answer, the young bunny picked up her tablet...and nearly dropped it.

"Oh cripes, it's Amanda!" She reached for the screen with an index finger, but the girl on the other end had already gotten the drop on her.

Don't even think about it, Snowbunny." A high, sing-song feminine voice came over the tablet's speakers, Conor felt his ears go back and his teeth setting on edge. He didn't like that tone, not one little bit. And besides, whoever this Amanda was, she sounded like...

He went around behind Erin and now his neck fur was standing up in quills. Just as he'd suspected, the girl sending the chat invitation was a member of his own species.

She was a red-phase fox but with fur much lighter than Nick Wilde's, almost the color of orange juice. Conor judged her to be a few years senior to Erin; not old enough for a driver's license, but definitely within range of a learner's permit. She had several piercing in her ears and another one through her left nostril. Standing behind only her partly visible was another canid, too big for a fox but much too small for a wolf. "Probably a coyote," the young silver-fox concluded.

"Heyyyy, little miss loser," Amanda continued in that same smarmy voice, "Look what IIIII got."

Her face vanished and was replaced by a VXN Media Player screen. Conor heard a wrenching sound from Erin and a cry of dismay from behind him. (the girl bunny's posse was also crowding around.) For his part Conor felt his rage meter spiking into the red zone. Our Feature For Today was a playback of Erin's onstage meltdown the night before.

There was no need to ask where Amanda had gotten it; half the mammals in the audience last night had brought camcorders with them.

But that lead to another question, one that wasn't so easy to answer.

"How the heck didn't we spot her?" Sue Cannon was almost yowling. The footage they were watching had obviously been shot at close range...and she and the others had been right up front as well.

Conor though he knew; Amanda, being another fox, had known to keep downwind of Erin's girlfriends-and with that breeze coming in off the stage last night, even a row or two back would have been far enough to keep Terri and/or Sue from picking up her scent.