The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

-------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle-A Zootopia Fanfiction

Main Theme:

-----------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

-----------------------------

" Came but for friendship, and took away love"

Thomas Moore

" Friendship may, and often does grow into love, but love never subsides into friendship"

Lord Byron.

---------------------------------

Chapter 1 - With This Ring...

Three Years Later-Sahara Square, Second Week of June, Wednesday

Ahmed Ali Rachmann al-Rafaj liked to think of himself as a fair and open-minded jackal, and by the standards of Sahara Square he was. Certainly he was more progressive in his thinking than his brother; Ismael was about as tolerant as the average scorpion.

The senior al-Rafaj brother was by contrast willing to look at both sides of the picture, especially when financial considerations needed to be factored in. (High moral standards were all very nice, but they didn't pay the bills.)

Even he had his limits however, and though Ahmed couldn't possibly know it, they were about to be sorely tested on this fine summer morning.

Like every other resident of Sahara Square, the Rafaj brothers were naturally resistant to change-especially rapid change; they liked to keep things the way they were.

It was an attitude born out of their environment rather than from any cultural mores, and it was best summed up by the famous Six Words of Sahara Square-Always The Desert Sets The Pace

It was an adage known to every animal that inhabited the district, as well anyone who visited on even an irregular basis. The Six Words were everywhere; you saw them on traffic signs, you found them printed on sales receipts; you observed them pasted to the back-bumper of nearly every other car on the street. The Five-Star Palm Hotel even had a 10-foor sculpted bas-relief of the slogan mounted behind the reception desk. Every metro stop in the district had the famous watchwords posted on the directory signs.

"Always The Desert Sets The Pace," was not just meme, but words to live by-literally. Whether natural or mammal-made, the desert is a formidable environment; it can suck the moisture, (and the life) out of you before you realize what's happening. Every species native to Sahara Square knew this; 'knew it without knowing it' as the saying goes...they could never have survived in such a harsh climate otherwise.