The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 108

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

-----------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle—A Zootopia Fanfiction

-----------------------------------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

-----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13 –Facts are Stubborn Things
(Continued...Pt. 3)

"Dangit fox, where ARE you?"

She paced back and forth across the station platform, arms wrapped tightly around her midsection. A casual observer might have concluded that the grey-furred doe-bunny was hugging herself against the cold—except such was hardly possible, here in the Rainforest District. Not that Judy cared how she looked; there was no one around to see her, nobody here but us rabbits. It did not, however, mean she was entirely alone. She had plenty of company... company in the form of memories.

That spot over there, see those yellow chevrons? That was where she'd nearly gone skidding off into the gorge below while escaping from a crazed Renato Manchas. And that the lamp-post there; she'd shackled it to the jaguar's leg, right when he'd been about to turn Nick into fox fajitas.

"Buddy...one predator to another..."

And there, about three feet to the right; that was where Chief Bogo had been standing when he'd thrust out a hoof in her direction.

"Badge!"

And back there, at the head of the platform—that was where Nick had been when he'd made his intervention.

"Noooo, she will not be giving you that badge."

Judy turned and resumed her pacing, wishing that blankety-blank fox would hurry up get here—and at the same time, hoping he wouldn't show.

In fact, although she couldn't be aware of it, Nick was already on his way; he'd been out the door and headed here while she'd still been trying to decide, should she bring an umbrella or a raincoat? (She'd eventually chosen the first option.)

Their first few days on administrative leave had been...well, interesting. Unable to spend any time with her, Nick had decided to go and look up Finnick, a more difficult task than he'd imagined. Back in the day, whenever he'd wanted to connect with his partner, all he'd had to do was locate the desert fox's van; wherever it went, he went, not merely his transportation, but also his residence.

No such luck now, Finnick had finally managed to unload that ride, trading up for a high-topped Sprinthare van in refrigerator white, a vehicle that was about as easy to pick out of a parking lot as the proverbial needle in a haystack. And as if that weren't enough, the little desert fox no longer lived out of his vehicle; finding IT would not necessarily be a ticket to finding him. Still, it wasn't if Nick had any other pressing engagements. And so, after great deal of asking around, he'd finally managed to track his old friend to Cienega Circle in Old Growth City.

When he'd finally caught up with the fennec, it was like their Carrot Days encounter all over again. As before Finnick had his van parked with an awning deployed, tables out, and a host of T-shirts on prominent display. Not everything was the same, of course. For one thing, there was that new van; for another, this time the Tees were emblazoned with the Fox-Face / V-For-Vendetta logo and capped with the slogan, 'If U Fight The System - U Win."