The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 28

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

-----------------------------------------------------------  

The Fire Triangle—A Zootopia Fanfiction

-----------------------------------------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

-----------------------------------------------------------  

Chapter 3 – Day of Carrots and Blueberries
(Continued...Pt. 20)

This time Erin had some help available.

On their way back to Finnick's van, she and Conor had bumped into her posse. A few quick introductions had followed, and then the girls had all but insisted upon helping to carry their gear to the chosen rehearsal spot, the barn where the two of them had first met.

Unbelievably, (or that was what the fox thought,) Erin had attempted to decline the offer, leaving him no alternative but to grab the reins away from her.

"Oh that'd be great, thanks," he'd said, earning himself a look from the bunny that could wither crabgrass...a look that Erin continued to give him all the way to the barn.

It had had exactly Zero effect on him.

"Fine, you wanna break your back Snowdrop, go ahead," the young fox had snarled silently.

There had been a lot to haul, two amplifiers, a karaoke set-up, a pair of mikes (with stands,) a sound board, Conor's laptop and, of course, their instruments and pedal-boards. Erin also had a backpack with her.

Last but not least was a rolling cooler containing the unused bottles of switchel from the Rabbithon; (waste not, want not.)

Following the awards ceremony, Judy had repaired back to the Hopps Family Warren for some Zebuprofen and a good, long soak in a hot tub Nick, Bonnie, and about half the other Hopps bunnies had gone with her, but they'd promised to be back well in time for Erin's talent show performance. That had been good enough for her, and she'd seen her mother and sister off with a hug and peck on the cheek After that, things had been amiable enough between her and Conor—until they'd encountered her girlfriends and he'd countermanded her refusal of their offer to help.

What was really bugging Erin—or it seemed to Conor—was that as soon as her GFs heard that he had offered his talent show slot to her, they'd started treating him like the fox in shining armor. Seriously, they didn't want to let him carry any of his stuff. (He'd insisted on toting his guitar case and laptop. "Thanks, but nobody touches those things except for me.")

Now, inside the barn with their gear mostly set up Conor was tapping a mike with a finger claw and making a 'puck-puck' sound. He adjusted the height, tapped it again, and pronounced himself satisfied with the results.

And then his ears pricked up. Had he really just heard...?

"What was that about the Zootopia Performing Arts Academy?" he said, turning to speak to Erin's girlfriends.

It was Lisa Chatterton who answered him.

"Erin got into ZAPA...well almost, she still has to pass her audition, but she's almost there, she aced all her classes at middle school and killed the entrance exam. Anyway that's why she wanted to get into the talent show, coz she's never played in front of big audience and..."