10 - "They love you already"

*Melissa's POV*

After Jack dropped me off I got another text from Daniel. Looks like my day with Jack was over but my day with Daniel was just beginning.

So there I was, in my house, waiting for Daniel.

"Hey, kid, why the long face?" Beckett asked as she walked in the living room.

"What is up with everyone calling me kid?" I laughed.

"Tell me what's going on. Are you and Jack fighting again?" Beckett asked.

"No, it's just awkward. Before everything Jack and I could hang out for hours and be fine. Now it's just...weird I guess. I don't know, he's acting different," I sighed.

"Has he said anything about Gabbie?" Beckett asked.

"No, why?" I asked.

"Well, I'll leave that for him to tell you. That's not my story," Beckett told me.

"No fair, Beckett, if you're going to bring it up you are basically obligated to tell me!" I laughed and hit her with a pillow playfully.

"Just ask Jack, he'll probably tell you. Anyway, where are you off to? You look like a...skater or something. What the heck is this?" Beckett asked. She held up my arm by the sleeve. Jack's jacket sleeve. Shit, I forgot to give him his stuff back. I felt my head and realized I was still wearing his hat too. Then the doorbell rang.

"Damn it!" I yelled. I answered the door and write away, Daniel gave me this look.

"Umm, whose is this?" he asked and took the hat off my head. He put it on then crossed his eyes and stuck his tongue out like a dork. He was trying to make me laugh. So, maybe he wasn't mad about it?

"It's Jack's, he was just teaching me how to skateboard earlier," I shrugged.

"Oh, I was going to say, kind of looks like Jack's. Why do you still have it? Why didn't he take it?" Daniel asked.

"I don't know, it was awkward. I think we were just trying to get away from each other as quick as possible," I kind of laughed.

"I see," Daniel nodded. I opened the door wider and he walked inside. I took the hat off his head and set it on a table then took the jacket off and set it next to the hat.

Daniel put his hands on my waist and his forehead on mine.

"I missed you," Daniel said.

"I saw you yesterday," I laughed.

"I still missed you," Daniel shrugged and then smiled.

"That's sweet," I smiled and then he kissed me.

"Okay, let's go do something," Daniel grabbed my hand and started walking toward the living room.

"Like what?" I asked, "Go watch a movie like normal kids because we aren't rebellious teenagers." I laughed a little to myself. I had purposely copied Jack hoping Daniel would laugh but then I remembered that Daniel wouldn't get it. Disappointing.

"No, let's tell the fans that we're together," Daniel said.

"Daniel, how should I put this? Umm...no," I said.

"Why not? Is Melissa embarrassed of me?" Daniel laughed.

"They will literally kill me. I don't want to die yet," I laughed. I wasn't joking though, they probably would kill me. I got it and understood that their heads were, for the most part, in the right place. They were just trying to protect someone who changed their life. I totally understood.

"They love you already. You're Jack's friend and they haven't attacked you for that," Daniel told me as he ran one of his hands through my hair. I crossed my arms and looked at him.

"Do you remember when I didn't come over for awhile when you guys started out as a band?" I asked.

"Yeah," Daniel nodded.

"Well that's because the limelights were attacking me," I laughed.

"I don't care if they attack you. That isn't going to change anything," Daniel said, taking both my hands in his.

"Really?" I asked.

"Seriously," Daniel nodded.

"Okay, tell them. Whatever. If they kill me though, I'm blaming you," I teased.

"You're great," Daniel pulled me toward him and wrapped his arms around me.

"You're not so bad yourself, Seavey," I laughed.

"I'm lucky," Daniel whispered and then kissed my forehead.

"I'm the lucky one," I said into his chest. He was oddly warm and I loved it. I just wanted to stand here in our embrace but then Daniel pulled away. He gave me a kiss on the lips and then pulled out his phone. Probably to make a tweet to tell the fans. So this was actually happening.