11 - "We need to talk"

*Melissa's POV*

A week after telling the fans, Daniel and I noticed that most of them were on board. They were happy for us. It was a lot more positivity then I was expecting. Of course there were the jealous and protective fans but they weren't really sending me death threats or anything so we were good.

Daniel put his arm around me. We were hanging out on the couch listening to music. It was relaxing. I like spending time with Daniel. I hadn't really seen any of the other boys but I knew they were here. Those guys couldn't stay quiet for the life of them.

"Jonah!! Stop it!!" Zach yelled from upstairs.

"What the heck did I do???!" Jonah yelled back.

"Shut up!!!" Jack yelled louder then both of them.

"Guys!!! I am trying to sleep!!!" Corbyn yelled.

Daniel kind of laughed. We weren't really listening to music, just laughing at them yelling at each other.

"They're like little kids," Daniel laughed.

"Yep," I nodded.

"Thanks for coming over, by the way," Daniel said and kissed my forehead.

"No problem," I smiled.

Jack came downstairs and when he saw us he looked surprised. I should've brought Jack's jacket and hat back to him. Part of me wanted to keep them so he would have to come over and get them and we could talk again. He hadn't done that yet though or even text me. Maybe he didn't notice they were missing or something.

"Hey, Jack," Daniel waved at him.

"Hey, Daniel. Hi, Mel, what's up?" Jack asked.

"Nothing, just with Daniel," I shrugged.

"Cool," Jack nodded, "Have you talked to Gabbie in a while?"

"No," I replied. I hadn't heard from her since our girl day and I saw her and Jack kissing outside. Maybe I should text her sometime to see if she's okay.

"Oh, just wondering. Well, bye," Jack said and then left.

"You weren't kidding when you said things were awkward," Daniel whispered to me.

"Yeah, I wish our friendship was back to normal. I think he's still a little shocked we're together," I said.

"I'm shocked you said yes to me," Daniel laughed.

"I'm shocked you even asked me to be your girlfriend," I said.

Corbyn came downstairs. He looked at us and rolled his eyes.

"You okay, Corbs?" I asked.

"No. I miss Christina. Whatever though, I'll probably see her soon. Maybe I'll fly out there. I don't know. Stop being a good couple though, that's Christina and I's job," Corbyn laughed at the last part. The last part was a joke and he didn't even mean it. He just walked away to where Jack had walked earlier.

"Hey, Mel, Beckett called me and asked me to bring you home," Jack said, coming back in the room.

"I'll take her home," Daniel offered.

"No, Jack taking me is fine," I nodded to him. I kissed Daniel's cheek and then walked outside with Jack.

"What's up with Beckett? Is she alright?" I asked.

"Get in the car," Jack said.

I started to worry. We both got in the car. When Jack pulled out of the driveway is when he started to speak again.

"Beckett didn't call," Jack admitted.

"What?! Seriously?!" I kind of yelled at him.

"We need to talk," Jack shrugged.

"About?" I asked.

"About this weird tension with us. It's different. I don't like it. I wish we could be friends like the way we used to be," Jack said.

"If you're weirded out about me and Daniel then just don't think about that when me and you hang out," I replied.

"It's not that. I'm whatever about that. Things between us are just weird. Why is it so weird?" Jack asked.

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"Let's try to hang out again. What is something we used to do?" Jack asked.

"Go to Starbucks," I laughed. That's what we had done right before Jack had told me he was going on tour.

"Are we that basic?" Jack laughed.

"I think so," I smiled.

"Starbucks it is. I want a smoothie or something anyway," Jack said.

"Okay," I nodded.

Jack drove us to the mall. There was a Starbucks inside the mall. It was the same one we had went to, the same one Gabbie used to work at. Jack and I walked in there. Some girls waved at him but didn't really come up to him. He waved back and gave them a smile.

"Do you know them?" I asked him.

"No, they know me though," he laughed.

We ordered and then sat at one of the tables.

"What's going on between you and Gabbie? Don't ignore it, just tell me. I want to know," I said.

"Well...it's a long story," Jack rubbed the back of his neck.

"Just tell me," I shrugged.

"She thinks that I like you," Jack kind of laughed. His cheeks turned a light shade of pink and he just drank his smoothie.

"But, I'm with Daniel. I saw you guys kissing the day after me and her hung out at the mall," I said confused.

"Yeah, that was one of those kissing sessions that happens after fighting. We really didn't mean it, it was whatever," Jack said.

"So, did you guys break up?" I asked.

"Yeah, it was mutual. No big deal. Don't worry about it," Jack shook his head.

"I'm sorry. I'll tell Gabbie that you don't like me and we've been friends forever," I suggested.

"Don't. It's fine," Jack said.

"Hey, Jack, can we get pictures?" some other girls asked. They must've walked up to us. They had huge smiles on their faces.

"Yeah, of course," Jack smiled at them. He got up and took pictures with them. He basically just ended that conversation. I wanted to know more though. I was going to talk to Gabbie, I didn't care what Jack said.

**A/n: Longer chapter, look at me go. Lol**