Prologue

*Melissa's POV*

"Jack, stop!!" I giggled as he tickled me. I had just been teasing him about a girl we met at Starbucks. The girl had found Jack really interesting and kept flirting with him, she even offered to pay for his drink. Not my drink though because what girl would pay for the drink for the girl who is with the guy she likes.

Jack didn't listen to me and continued to tickle me. Finally, I pushed his chest away with my foot.

"She really liked you, Avery," I laughed, my cheeks hurt from laughing so much. Jack grabbed a pillow and hit me with it.

"What the heck is going on here?" Jonah, one of Jack's friends, asked as he walked downstairs. We were over at Jack's house after our Starbucks run. Jack lived  in this huge house with four other guys. They were all part of a band. A band that was becoming big and fast. Jonah was one of the guys and then there was also Zach, Corbyn, and Daniel.

"Starbucks girl," Jack nodded toward Jonah.

"Hmm, okay," Jonah shrugged.

He walked into the kitchen and we followed him. In there was Zach, Corbyn, and Daniel. They were each grabbing snacks and setting them on the counter.

"Hey, Melissa," Daniel smiled toward me and gave me a small wave.

"Hi, Daniel, what are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Movie night with snacks, want to join?" Zach asked me.

"Sure," I nodded.

"Are we watching Harry Potter??" Jonah asked excitedly.

"We watched that last week, I refuse to sit through all 8 movies again," Zach shook his head.

"What if we watched ET?" Corbyn suggested.

"Okay, it's officially decided, you guys suck at picking out movies," I laughed, making my cheeks hurt again.

"Harry Potter is good, I take offense," Jonah stuck a finger up at me.

I slapped Jonah's hand away.

"Have a better suggestion?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, come on," I signaled for them to follow me. Daniel and Zach grabbed all the food and laid it out on the coffee table as I picked up the remote. They all sat on the couch, Daniel and Jack on either sides of me.

I scrolled through Netflix until I found my movie. Suicide Squad. One of my favorite movies since it came out. I loved Harley Quinn, almost to the point where it was terrifying for some people.

"This girl knows what she's doing," Zach said and kicked my foot gently.

"Yep," Jack nodded putting his arm behind me on the back of the couch.

We watched the movie and ate food. They were all so into it. I started falling asleep near the ending. I was exhausted from Jack tickling me. I leaned my head on Jack's chest and went to sleep. This wasn't awkward though because to him, I'm just one of the guys. Except that was about to change.

"Mel, I'm going on tour," Jack whispered to me softly. My eyes shot open. I wasn't ready for that.