26 - "Key word: was"

**A/n: I'll answer the Q&A questions after letting some more people comment. I just knew you guys wanted another part so here it is**

*Melissa's POV*

Zach, Jonah, Corbyn, Daniel, and I were all hanging out at the Why Don't We house. Jack was over at Gabbie's, I didn't even want to know what they were doing. Mainly we were just listening to music, talking, and 'dancing'. It was a fun little friend day.

"So, Melissa you sure you're good? Jack's a douche by the way," Daniel said.

"Yeah, completely fine. I just need something to spend my time on so I don't think about it. Reasons why I'm so thankful for my friendship with you guys at times like these," I replied.

"Jack hasn't only been an asshole to you, just so you know. We were supposed to film a mash up today but he told us he was busy. Yeah, so busy kissing up to his girlfriend. It's gross," Jonah said.

"I used to like Gabbie before all that happened. Then they both changed. Bad changed too, not good changed," Zach said.

"Changing isn't a bad thing," Jonah shrugged.

"Jonah," Corbyn said.

"What?" Jonah asked.

"You aren't Shawn Mendes," Corbyn shook his head.

"Well...fine," Jonah laughed.

"Wait, Zach, so you liked Gabbie?" I asked.

"Not like that. As a person, she was cool," Zach shrugged.

"Key word: was," Daniel laughed.

"Let's not talk about them though. Let's talk about when you guys are releasing the album," I smirked at them.

All boys smiled and looked down at the same time.

"It will be released early 2018 my ass," I laughed.

"We're...stalling," Zach decided on the word and gave a laugh.

"We want it to be perfect. The limelights deserve it," Daniel explained.

"If you guys recorded the apple juice song they would be happy," I told Daniel.

"That's true," Daniel laughed.

"I got my apple juice," Jonah sang.

Daniel then hit him and all of us ended up laughing.

"My song!" Daniel laughed.

Then a song I didn't know with a really catchy beat came on. We all got up and jumped around to the beat. It was such a good song and I didn't even know it. When we were done with that we sat back on the couch as a sadder song played.

"Seriously though, we want the album to make them happy," Corbyn said.

"You need to stop being perfectionists," I laughed and rolled my eyes at all of them.

They laughed too. Then the front door opened. Jack, smiling brightly, came in with Gabbie. She also had a huge smile on her face. Not even realizing we were here, they closed the door then turned to each other and started kissing. Gross. I closed my eyes and buried my face in Zach's chest since he was closest to me. I didn't want to see them. It was too...fresh. The pain was still there. I just couldn't.

"Hey, Jack, stop being an asshole," Corbyn called out to Jack.

My face was still in Zach's chest so I'm not sure exactly what happened next. All I knew was that there were footsteps going upstairs.

"You're good," Zach whispered in my ear.

I moved my head up and then sighed.

"Yep, Melissa, you're totally completely fine," Daniel teased me.

"I am completely fine. Just their PDA is unbearable," I admitted.

"Yep, very cringey," Jonah agreed.

"I mean, they have more PDA then Christina and Corbyn and I can't stand being around them together," I teased Corbyn.

"Ha. Ha," Corbyn shook his head at me then laughed.

"Just kidding. You and Christina are cute," I assured Corbyn.

"Just like how you and Jack are cute?" Zach asked me.

"I'm not so sure anymore if that's true," I sighed.

"It is true. Jack's just blind. And stupid. Very stupid," Jonah laughed.

"We're all very stupid," Daniel said.

"But Jack is the stupidest," Jonah pointed out.

It was silent, as if we were all thinking about that.

"I don't want to go upstairs," Zach suddenly said.

"Why?" we all asked at the same time and looked at him.

"Who knows what they're doing up there," Zach laughed.

"Eww, Zach, you made it gross," Corbyn complained.

"Dirty minded little freak," Daniel said.

"Get your mind out of the gutter!" Jonah said.

I looked at all of them yelling at Zach for what he just said. They were all so funny and weird and goofballs but in the best way possible. Even with all of the drama between me and their best friend, they stuck by my side. They were the best and I couldn't thank them enough.