5 - "Perfect timing"

*Melissa's POV*

The next morning I was laying in my bed. Beckett came up and just opened my door, she looked really mad.

"Knock," I glared at her.

"So, Jack tries to talk to you and you just shut him down?! Your guys' fight could be over but no! You have to be so difficult!" Beckett yelled at me.

"How do you find out all this stuff?" I asked her.

"Jack called me. He's trying! You need to try too!" Beckett told me and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Jack and I's friendship isn't the same. It's not like how it was," I shook my head.

"It can be, if you try," Beckett sighed.

I shook my head and looked down. Luckily, Beckett was calm now and probably wouldn't yell at me for the situation anymore. I didn't like being mad at Jack either, I just didn't want to deal with the whole mess right now.

"How was your date with Mr. Seavey?" Beckett smirked at me.

"Great," I smiled. I had had fun with Daniel. I really had. He said he would text me but since our date I hadn't gotten one text message from him. Only one from Jonah that asked me about the date too. I told him that it was fun and he told me he would text me sometime soon.

"Details?" Beckett asked.

"Well, we went to McDonalds. I know it's an odd date place but I really wanted fries so... Anyway, he's really sweet and very much a gentleman. He opened the door for me and held my hand. It was just a great time," I explained.

"That's great," Beckett nodded. I nodded too and then looked at the time. Ten. I should probably get ready for the day. Beckett saw I was looking at my clock so she nodded then left. I put on a sweatshirt, jeans, and converse. I just brushed out my hair since it was naturally straight. I went downstairs and I was walking I got a text. It was from Daniel, my heart started to beat a little faster. He said that they were swimming today so I should come over. I sent him a text that I was on my way and ran upstairs to get my swimsuit.

(Time skip - she just got to their house)

I waved goodbye to Beckett who had driven me over here. I was a terrible driver and didn't really like driving so I was constantly asking people to take me places. I ran up to the house and knocked on the door. It was Zach who opened it. I was a little shocked because he was shirtless just standing there in his swimsuit.

"Perfect timing," Zach smiled.

"She here?!" someone called out, it sounded like Daniel.

"Yep," Zach nodded behind the door. Then he let me inside the house. I walked in and Daniel came toward me. He was also only in his swimming suit. He gave me a hug.

"We're waiting on Jonah who's taking literally forever," Daniel whispered in my ear. I laughed a little. I had put my swimsuit under my clothes before leaving so I was all ready.

"I'm not taking forever this time," Zach gave Daniel a thumbs up.

"Surprise, surprise," Daniel rolled his eyes playfully. Daniel still was hugging me.

"Corbyn is also already in the pool and Jack went to go pick up Gabbie," Zach told me.

"Gabbie's coming," I swallowed.

"Yeah. She's actually really chill though. You'll like her," Zach said. I wasn't so sure about that.