4 - "I can't believe you wouldn't tell me!"

*Melissa's POV*

After McDonalds, Daniel agreed to take me to his house so we could watch a movie. I was kind of amazed that no one recognized us in public, unless they did but didn't mention anything. As we walked up to the house, Daniel intertwined our fingers. I liked holding his hand. He walked in the house and a couple of the guys walked around the corner. They didn't see me at first.

"How was your d-. Hey, Melissa," Zach smiled and waved at me.

"Hi, Zach," I smiled back.

"We came back to watch a movie," Daniel explained to him.

"Nice, mind if we join?" Jack asked.

I turned to Daniel. I didn't really want Jack to join. This was Daniel and I's date night. Daniel was probably a little clueless.

"Maybe you should just take me home," I told him.

"Oh, okay," Daniel nodded.

"I'll drive her home, you go rest up Daniel," Jack said.

"No I-"

"Go."

Daniel hesitantly nodded. Why did he have to listen to Jack? I hugged Daniel and then kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you," I told Daniel.

"I'll text you," he whispered to me, probably scared what Jack would have said if he heard. Daniel kissed my nose.

"I want to watch The Fault In Our Stars now," Zach said and walked away.

"What the heck?" I laughed and looked as he walked away.

"Shut up!!" Zach called after me but I could tell he was laughing too.

Daniel gave me one last hug then Jack grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside. He let go of my wrist when we got out there and just got in his driver seat. Daniel had opened the door for me. Jack never had. I rolled my eyes and got in the passenger. He ruined my date night, didn't tell me about his new girlfriend, and didn't tell me about his tour. Jack was on a bad streak.

I leaned my head against the window as Jack started the car. He didn't move it though, we just sat there with the car running.

"Care to explain why you're out with my band mate?" Jack asked.

"Care to explain why you didn't tell me about your girlfriend?" I shot back.

Jack shut up and started moving the car. He drove and we just sat there in silence. I'd rather be with Daniel right now. Or before girlfriend and tour Jack. I didn't like the guy I was sitting in the car with now.

When Jack did pull up to my house I got out of the car without saying anything to him. I walked up to my door and heard another car door shut. I turned around to see Jack walking toward me.

"Go home," I told him.

"Not until you explain to me why there's a stick up your butt," he crossed his arms.

"Hmm, maybe it's because my supposed best friend won't tell me what's going on in his life. You've been keeping so much from me," I shrugged.

"I've been keeping so much from you?  I wasn't the one who went on a date today with Daniel, was I?" Jack glared at me.

"Oh, sorry that I didn't tell you about one thing!" I said in a sarcastic voice, "I guess I should just apologize and so I don't lose my friendship with you because our friendship is the only thing that matters to me, Jack Robert Avery!" I put my hands over my heart for extra drama.

"I can't believe you wouldn't tell me!" Jack yelled back and clenched his jaw.

"I didn't tell you just like how you didn't tell me about the tour or that Gabbie girl," I glared at him.

"Melissa.." Jack trailed off. He touched my arm but I yanked it back, hitting my elbow on my front door. Real casual, Melissa, way to go. Jack smiled at me and kind of laughed. I shook my head at him, still glaring, then turned around and walked inside. Jack caught the door and came inside too. No one else was home, not even my mom who usually didn't leave her office. She must've went shopping with Beckett.

"We need to talk," Jack said.

"Get off my property, Jack," I told him sternly.

"Melissa, I'm trying to reach out to you and you're pushing me away," Jack said.

"I wasn't the one who left, Jack. Now please go and just leave me alone," I sighed.

"Okay," Jack shrugged.

Then he did the last thing I actually wanted him to do. He left.