2 - "I'm not pissed he has a girlfriend"

*Melissa's POV*

"You look like you just watched a horror movie," Jonah kind of laughed.

"Or like you just died on Fortnite," Zach laughed.

I was shocked. Jack had a girlfriend. Never, since I'd become friends with him, had he had a girlfriend. Jack probably hadn't even been thinking about me while they were on tour, just this Gabbie chick.

"I should go," I said, turning on my heel.

Someone grabbed my hand. I turned around to see Daniel.

"Do you have a ride home?" Daniel asked me.

Right. Beckett had left me stranded. I sighed and shook my head no.

"Come on, I'll drive you," Daniel nodded toward outside.

I nodded my head.

"Bye, Melissa! Come over sometime!" Corbyn called out to us.

I walked behind Daniel as he walked up to one of their cars. I thought he was just going to get in the driver seat but then he went on the passenger side.

"What the heck? Do you want me to drive?" I asked him.

"No, I'm opening the door for you. I'm a gentleman, Melissa," Daniel laughed.

I felt kind of embarrassed. I went to the passenger side and Daniel opened the door for me. I got in and then Daniel shut the door. He then went to the driver side and got in. He didn't start the car. He just shifted in his chair and turned to me.

"What?" I asked him.

"Why are you so peeved about Jack having a girlfriend?" he asked.

"Of course, Daniel Seavey won't say pissed. Of course the little innocent guy would say peeved," I shook my head and laughed.

"Answer the question," Daniel said but smiled because he thought what I said was funny.

"I'm not pissed he has a girlfriend, more that he didn't tell me about her," I explained.

"You told him not to talk to you..." Daniel trailed off.

"I'm still just...I don't really know what I'm getting at. I just want to get home and yell at my sister for dropping me off here," I laughed at the last part.

"Okay," Daniel smiled at me and nodded.

Then he actually started the car and backed out of the driveway. First it was silent but then he turned on the radio. On the radio was Shawn Mendes who was basically my favorite. I turned to Daniel and smiled even though he was looking at the road and probably couldn't see me.

"Cause I know I can treat you better, better then he can," Daniel sang and smiled too.

"They need to play 'Nervous' on the radio more," I told him.

"Or 'Lost In Japan'," Daniel nodded.

Then we both just sat there singing Shawn Mendes. When it was over Daniel turned down the radio a little bit as he pulled up to my house. I didn't want to get out of the car because I really liked Daniel's company.

I turned to look at him and he turned to me.

"Well, this is my house," I said awkwardly.

"Hey, umm," Daniel started to say and rubbed the back of his neck.

"What?" I smiled and asked him.

"Would you like to go out sometime? Like, on a date? With me?" Daniel asked.

I smiled at him because he was so nervous and it was kind of cute. I nodded my head and then he sighed like he was relieved.

"Cool, can I pick you up on Saturday at 5?" Daniel asked me.

"Yep, see you then," I smiled and got out of the car.

I waved to him then ran up to my door. I walked inside and then squealed happily. Then I cursed under my breath. Instantly after I got inside I thought about how jealous Jack would be when I told him. Was that the only reason I said yes to Daniel?