12 - "Hey, Mel, you should leave"

*Melissa's POV*

"Hey, you want pancakes?" Beckett asked as she walked in my room. It was the day after Jack and I had went to Starbucks. I had tried texting Gabbie last night but she never responded.

"Sure," I shrugged.

"Okay, I'll go make us some. Invite over your boyfriend, I want to meet him officially. I didn't get to see him much when he picked you up for your date the other day," Beckett told me then walked away. I texted Daniel and then got ready. When I was done getting ready I checked my phone but Daniel never texted me back. That was weird, he usually texted back right away. I put my phone in my pocket and then walked downstairs.

"He never picked up. Looks like it's just us," I shrugged.

"Yep. Mom will be back tomorrow," Beckett nodded.

"Mom was gone??" I asked, shocked. She hadn't even said bye to me. Or maybe I just sucked as a daughter. Probably the second one.

"Yeah, her and some of her friends went to go see an art gallery in Oregon. I can't believe you didn't notice she had left," Becket said.

"I-I feel so bad. Mom hasn't even called me or anything. Usually I don't see her that much because she's always working in the home office, how could I notice?" I asked.

"She had been talking about it for weeks," Beckett shook her head at me, "You must be thinking about Daniel too much or something."

"I suck as a daughter," I said, sitting at the table and putting my head in my hands.

"I do too, it's all good. You should just call her sometime, okay?" Beckett told me.

"Yeah, of course," I nodded.

(Time skip - later that evening)

I hadn't gotten a text back from Daniel or Gabbie. I restarted my phone at least eight times and still nothing. I even texted Jonah and he sent me a text back so it couldn't have been my phone.

"Hey, Beckett, can you give me a ride to Jack's?" I asked as I walked up to her.

"Yeah," Beckett nodded. After she did drop me off, I knocked on the door. Zach answered.

"Hey, Mel, you should leave," Zach said.

"Why?" I asked. I turned around to see if Beckett was still there but she had already drove away.

"Daniel's pissed. Trust me, you should leave," Zach told me.

"I literally came over here to see Zach. Why won't he answer my texts?" I asked.

"You hung out with Jack after you told him you had to leave. People posted pictures on social media. Everyone thinks you cheated on him," Zach said.

"Not Daniel though, right? He doesn't think that? He knows I would never do that, right?" I asked Zach in a panic.

Zach let out a long sigh.

"I'll go get Jonah to drive you home," Zach said then walked away. I hit my forehead with my hand. I should've just told Jack to take me home last night. Or I should've just let Daniel drive me home. I should've just done something differently.

"Hey, Mel, let's get you home," Jonah said as he came outside. I sighed and nodded. Why would Zach get Jonah? I mean I was close with all the boys but I wanted to talk to Jack right now. Jack had to be going through the same thing as me, people had to be mad at him too.

Jonah drove me practically in silence. He only asked if the temperature was good and if I wanted to listen to the radio or not. Other then that, neither of us said something. I don't think we felt much like talking.

When Jonah did drop me off I just went inside. I sat on my bed. Then my phone went off with about eighty text messages. Okay, more like seven text messages. They were all from Jack. He asked why I didn't say hi to him when I came over and if I was okay. Stuff like that. None of the text were from Daniel though. Zach must've told Jack that I came over. Jack kept sending me text after text. I decided not to be like Daniel and just ignore people so I sent Jack a text that said I wasn't in the mood to text.

(Time skip - Mel's about to go to bed)

Someone knocked on my door. I still wasn't in the mood. I can't believe Daniel would think I would cheat on him.

"Go away, Beckett," I said.

"Too bad I'm not Beckett," someone said as they opened my door. I turned around and saw Jack. Why had he come all the way over here?

"Why?" I asked him. I said it in a tone that probably sounded really bitchy but I didn't care.

"You seemed sad. I wanted to make sure you were okay," Jack came inside my room and sat on my bed next to me. I paused the movie I had put in and just raised my eyebrow at him.

"But if you're going to be an asshole I'll leave," Jack teased me. He poked my side but I didn't laugh. I just put my head in my hands. Jack put his arm across my shoulders and pulled me into him. I flinched but he either didn't notice or didn't care.

When did everything get so messed up?