22 - "I don't have a boyfriend"

**A/n: BY FAR MY FAVORITE CHAPTER EVER**

*Melissa's POV*

I walked into the Starbucks with Daniel. Our search for Jack was over. Mainly because a fanpage posted a picture of Jack at the Starbucks on Instagram and we saw it so we knew where he was. But we probably would have found him otherwise.

"Hey, can I sit with you?" I asked.

Jack looked up. He nodded at me and I sat in the seat in front of him. I hadn't noticed it before but he looked really tired, like he was barely able to sleep. I told Daniel to get us drinks and so he wasn't around. I mean, I loved Daniel but he had really sucky timing.

"You with your boyfriend?" Jack asked.

"I don't have a boyfriend," I said.

"Umm, Daniel," Jack said.

"We broke up. And I'm not lying to you when I say it was mutual," I said.

"What? Why?" Jack asked.

"Jackers, why haven't you been able to sleep?" I asked.

"Don't change the subject. Please tell me," Jack said.

"He said he couldn't see himself marrying me and then he was all like 'you and Jack belong together'. Then I agreed, so we broke up," I shrugged.

"Just like that?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, no biggy. Jack, why haven't you been contacting any of us?" I asked.

"I don't know, kind of needed a break. It felt like my life was being...I don't know. Screwed," Jack said.

"Jack, I love you too," I said.

Jack looked up at me. His face showed that he was still trying to process everything.

"Say that again," Jack said.

"I love you too," I shrugged.

"Really?" Jack smiled.

"You need to smile more often," I said.

"Melissa, are you being for real?" Jack asked.

"Yes, Jack, I love you. And I already talked to Daniel, he's cool with it," I said.

"Are you serious?" Jack's smile got wider.

"Yes, Jack," I laughed.

Jack stood up and hugged me. I stood up too and we stood there hugging. This was a different hug then we normally did though. It felt like more.

"This is amazing," Jack said and buried his face in my hair.

"This truly is," I laughed.

"Get a room," Daniel laughed. We pulled out of the hug and Daniel sat in the table Jack and I had just been sitting at. Sucky timing as always, Daniel.

"Thanks, man," Jack said and gave Daniel a high five.

"I love both of you and if you guys make each other happy then you need to be with each other," Daniel shrugged like it was no big deal.

"That was too cheesy for me to handle," I said.

"Deal with it," Daniel laughed.

Jack gave me another hug and we just stood there hugging again. He pulled back and just looked into my eyes. He smiled and touched our foreheads.

"It's been a while since I've been this happy," Jack sighed.

"Me too," I said.

"Rude," Daniel said.

We both turned and looked at him.

"Melissa, I've been your boyfriend the last while. You better have been happy," Daniel interrupted.

"Daniel, shut up. You're ruining the moment," Jack rolled his eyes and laughed.

Jack pulled out of the hug though. He got on his phone and typed something then turned his phone off. Instantly both Daniel and I's phones went off. We both looked at them expecting it to be a text but it was a tweet.

Jack tweeted that I was his girl.

I turned to him and raised my eyebrow. Jack smiled and kissed my forehead.

"It's true, you're my girl," Jack said.

"Oh shoot, I have to tell the fans Melissa and I broke up," Daniel laughed.

"This is great, the limelights are going to hate me," I laughed.

"Why would they hate you?" Jack asked.

"Because they're going to think I'm a hoe. They think I'm dating Daniel but then you tweeted so...yep. They're probably going to kill me," I nodded.

"I won't let them," Jack hugged me again.

"What were you doing at Starbucks anyway? Such a weird place to hide out," Daniel asked Jack.

"Oh, I-I was...I got to go," Jack said.

"What?" I asked in surprise.

"I'll talk to you later," Jack kissed my forehead and then sprinted out of the Starbucks.

I turned to Daniel and we both just looked at each other with confused expressions, trying to figure out what the heck was going on.