20 - "Jack, I'm her boyfriend"

*Melissa's POV*

Daniel and I were walking back to my house hand in hand when we saw Jack sitting on my front steps. He didn't see us at first. He was just sitting there with a hat on his head and his curls peaking out from under the hat.

"Hey, Jack," I said.

Jack looked up at us, a little startled. He nodded at Daniel next to me.

"Hey guys," Jack said.

"What are you doing here?" Daniel asked.

"Just wanted to see if Melissa wanted to hang out, what are you doing here?" Jack asked.

"Jack, I'm her boyfriend," Daniel said.

"Well, I know. I was just...never mind," Jack said.

"Look at the necklace I got her," Daniel said. He held back my hair and showed Jack the necklace. Jack nodded then stood up.

"You're busy, I'll leave," Jack told me.

"Jack, we can all hang out. Let's watch a movie or something," I suggested.

"Nah, I don't want to be a third wheel," Jack put both his hands in his pockets.

"Then leave," Daniel rolled his eyes.

"Daniel," I said and looked at him confused. That's wasn't the Daniel that I was used to.

"What? He shouldn't be here. You're MY girlfriend. Not his," Daniel said.

"Melissa! Did you tell him?!" Jack yelled and pointed at Daniel.

"No," I shook my head.

"Tell me what?" Daniel asked.

"Nothing," Jack rolled his eyes.

"No, it's something," Daniel gave us a look.

"It's nothing," Jack repeated.

"I want to know. Tell me," Daniel said.

Daniel looked at both of us and Jack shrugged.

"Melissa, tell me. We're in a relationship, no secrets," Daniel said.

"Melissa, don't tell him," Jack said.

I looked between both of them, not sure what to do. It was such a weird decision. If I did either thing I was losing one of them. If I told Daniel then Jack probably wouldn't speak to me anymore. If I didn't tell Daniel then Daniel would probably break up with me. Then I got an idea.

"I won't tell him, Jack, you will," I said.

"If you think you can turn this so I tell him, you're wrong. I'm not going to. I told you, that's all that matters," Jack said.

"Told her what?" Daniel asked.

"That he-"

"Melissa, shut up," Jack said. I looked between the both of them again. Then I pushed past Jack and walked inside my house. I locked the door so neither of them could come in. I didn't want to deal with the drama right now. I ran up to my room and just laid down on my bed. I hadn't wanted to leave in the first place anyway, Daniel had basically dragged me out of the house.

I called Jonah. It was decided that I would no longer get advice from Zach because he sucks at it.

"Hey, Melissa. Aren't you with Daniel?" Jonah answered the phone.

"No, him and Jack are arguing. I need to talk to you," I said.

"Okay, about what?" Jonah asked.

"Jack told me he loves me. I'm dating Daniel, though. What sucks is that I think I love both of them," I said.

"Does Daniel know?" Jonah asked.

"No, Jack told me not to tell Daniel," I sighed.

"Okay. You're going to have to choose one of them, Mel," Jonah said.

"Jonah, I don't want to do that. I can't choose between them, that is literally an impossible choice," I said.

"You have to choose. I really don't know what else to tell you," Jonah said.

"You are no help, just like Zach," I laughed.

"I am a better help then Zach," Jonah said, he sounded offended.

"No you're not. Zach said literally the same thing," I said.

"That's because it's the only advice to give. You have to choose one of them," Jonah said, "I have to go now, though."

"Why? I need help," I said.

"Zach is trying to cook something and it smells like he is about to burn down the house. Seriously, I have to go," Jonah laughed and then hung up the phone.

I thought about who to choose. I couldn't choose Daniel because I was afraid to lose Jack. I also couldn't choose Jack because I was afraid to lose Daniel. No matter what I did again, I was losing one of them.

This would be the hardest decision ever but Jonah was right, I did have to choose one of them.

**A/n: I actually don't know who to make her choose. I had it planned originally but now I'm kind of like, screw planning. I don't care. I want her to choose the other person. But I also want her to choose the person I originally had planned so...this is stressful. Idk, comment who you think Mel should be with because I need help**