23 - "I didn't know she was going to show up"

**A/n: Sorry for no updates. I'll try to be updating everyday but my grandparent's fiftieth anniversary was yesterday so we had a surprise party. Anyway, that's it. Byeeeee**

*Jack's POV*

I knocked on the door. Gabbie opened it, saw me, and rolled her eyes.

"Did you ask to meet me at Starbucks just so you can rub in my face how happy you are with Melissa?" Gabbie crossed her arms and glared at me.

"I didn't know she was going to show up," I admitted.

"Whatever, Jack. You've been pretty douchey lately," Gabbie said.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just want us to be okay. Be friends again, you know, normal," I shrugged.

"When you called me twenty or so minutes ago, that didn't sound like what you wanted," Gabbie said. She shut the door in my face. Okay, I deserved that. Maybe the call had sounded like I wanted to get back together but really I just needed someone to comfort me.

I knocked again and she opened the door. She glared at me and crossed her arms.

"What do you honestly want?" she asked.

"For us to be cool. I want to know if you're cool with me and Melissa," I said.

"Why does my opinion matter?" Gabbie asked and shut the door on me again.

I sighed and walked to my car. I drove back to my house assuming that Daniel and Melissa probably weren't waiting for me at the Starbucks anymore. Why couldn't Gabbie and I just be friends? I don't get it.

When I got back to the house, Daniel was there but Melissa wasn't. Dang.

"Hey, why are you sad?" Corbyn asked me.

"What? I'm not sad," I said.

"Yeah, the frown says that," Zach laughed.

"I'm not frowning! I'm fine!" I assured them.

"It's late, dude. Who were you with?" Jonah asked.

"No one. Everyone just give me some space, please," I said.

I ran up to my room and fell onto my bed.

(Time skip - the next day, around afternoon)

*Melissa's POV*

"Go fish," Zach laughed like it was the funniest thing ever.

"Zach, we're playing poker," Jonah gave Zach a look.

"Oh," Zach said and looked down.

I was hanging out with Zach and Jonah at their house. Corbyn, Daniel, and Jack were all out somewhere. I don't know. By the time I got here they were already gone.

"Zach, you suck at poker," I laughed and shook my head.

"I was winning at Go Fish though!" Zach protested.

"You were the only one playing Go Fish!" Jonah and I both laughed.

"But I was winning, that's all that matters," Zach said and smiled.

"Oh my gosh," I laughed and face palmed.

"Zach, we should not let you play games with us," Jonah shook his head.

"This is a boring game anyway!" Zach threw his cards down, "Let's play Fortnite!"

"And this is where Melissa exits the room," I laughed.

"Don't talk in a third person," Jonah laughed.

I walked into the kitchen right as Jack and Gabbie, followed by Corbyn and Daniel walked in. They didn't see me.

"Gabbie," Jack whined and hugged her from the back.

"Jack, stop," she laughed.

I thought they weren't talking or were mad at each other.

"Hey, Mel," Corbyn waved at me.

Jack looked at me. Even his face read 'Oh shit'.

"What are you doing here?" Jack asked me.

"Leaving. Jonah was just going to take me home," I said. Tears stung my eyes. I gave my relationship up with Daniel just so Jack could get back with Gabbie. Made a whole lot of sense. I thought I was his girl. That was what the tweet had said yesterday.

I ran to the living room and pulled Jonah up by his arm.

"What the hell?" Jonah asked.

"Take me home, please," I mumbled.

"Yeah, okay. Zach, you coming?" Jonah asked.

"Sure," Zach shrugged.

Then me, Zach, and Jonah all walked out to Jonah's car. It reminded me of the day Jack left for tour. Jack didn't run after me when I left then, and he wasn't running after me now either. He was just letting me go, again.

But this time, I swore to myself I wasn't coming back.